Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Was obsessed with this song. Taped it off Top of the Pops because my mum wouldn’t let me buy the album because of Erotica :D

Was obsessed with this song. Taped it off Top of the Pops because my mum wouldn’t let me buy the album because of Erotica :D

…being the album before you mean? Because they were on separate albums.

I taped it off the radio but spend DAYS AND DAYS listening for it after old Ellen told me she’d heard it. I had no idea.

I wasn’t expecting a SULTRY JAM but that was what we got. I liked it a lot at the time, but thought it a downward turn from Erotica but time has shown its charms.

TEN

The bare faced cheek of this white lady stealing Babyface, Dallas Austin and Nelle Hooper from Whitney, Toni and TLC, asking them to give her a new jill swing album and then absolutely NAILING IT

She had no right and she did it anyway and produced one of the best R&B albums of the decade. Don’t care what anyone says. This is up there with Secrets, CrazySexyCool, What’s The 411 and Janet.

flawless.

Bedtime Stories is not up there with Janet. by a long shot, but Secret is cute and a groove. it's all in the mmmm mmmms.

I think it all depends on what you make of the album tracks. For me Survival, I’d Rather Be Your Lover and Sanctuary are as good as the singles and the singles are among her best work.

Shit opinion, but it’s just ok for me.

Bedtime Story is the only single from the album I’d rate as being very good.

Madonna's sumptuous rnb glide had its moments. All the singles are strong and the cushioning of Survival (proper deluxe), Inside of Me (don't expect Sugar Walls), Don't Stop (don't expect Vogue) and Sanctuary (the next stepping stone after Words and one before Skin) make it something to delve into as an underrated triumph. There is some padding, but she truly was the creamy smooth pop icon goddess she set out to be.

It was kind of a genius lead single and represented the understated R&B angle of the album in the best way. The label probably wanted "Don't Stop".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom