Love Island 2022

Finally finished :D

So glad with that result. I hope Gemma doesn't have to experience more of what we saw from Luca - I hope I'm simply concern trolling, but I genuinely wouldn't wish a narcissist partner on my worst enemy and that's definitely my assessment of him.

Anyway, Ekin crawling with the butt wiggle is an icon and Anthony's tit licking confession really did deliver some memorable low culture.

I give the series a 6 out of 10. Bring on the DILF version. And ITV Big Brother. And Dannii's gay love bus. Oh we'll soon be spoiled.

His name is ANDREW.

This season deserves better that 6 out of 10 in my opinion. I would give it a healthier 8. Ekin Su stole the show, and we can see that QUITE CLEARLY with the final vote breakdown. I wonder when the tide turned for Ekin, as she was a regular in the bottom 2 at one point.

Oh my goodness

Not DIRECTLY related to the show but Murad Merali, one of the biggest Love Island commentators on TikTok/YouTube, is in the middle of something of a SITUATION today

*Trigger warning: racism & sexual assault*

Yeah she wasn’t that great of a presenter for Love Island, be interesting to see who replaces her. Fuck just get Ekin-Su on to do it :disco:

I think it was going to be an almost impossible task for anyone who took over from Caroline Flack.

Apparently she chose to quit due to having to fly over to South Africa for the Winter season which doesn’t work well with a young child, and other work projects.

Apparently she chose to quit due to having to fly over to South Africa for the Winter season which doesn’t work well with a young child, and other work projects.
I suspect that's a convenient thing to pin it on... Leaving aside the hateful remarks and trolling, the response on social media to her as the presenter was overwhelmingly negative and I'd imagine she was given the opportunity to claim she quit. :googlyeyes:

I suspect that's a convenient thing to pin it on... Leaving aside the hateful remarks and trolling, the response on social media to her as the presenter was overwhelmingly negative and I'd imagine she was given the opportunity to claim she quit. :googlyeyes:

I would say it all sounds rather plausible to be honest. I have no beef with her presenting skills at all, and she seems like a lovely girl so all the best to her. Cutting a woman down and trolling her on social media is not my thing at all. They aren’t ever going to get anyone as good as Caroline as she started with the show and grew with it, and it was HER SHOW. It was her gig but someone has to do it now she can’t. 🤷‍♀️

She was INCREDIBLY unpopular with viewers across all social platforms, and that's a bad look for the show.

But yeah, we don't know what went on!

I also don't think it's a case of anyone who wasn't Caroline getting a hard time. I found her (Laura) lacking in warmth and a bit stiff myself.

I predict the next person will be a better fit for the show and will be very popular. 🔮

I'd love to see MAURA doing the slow motion walk in every three weeks or whenever they show up :disco:

She was INCREDIBLY unpopular with viewers across all social platforms, and that's a bad look for the show.

But yeah, we don't know what went on!

Sorry, I wouldn’t have a clue. Moopy is the closest to social media I get to. I can only go by what I saw and I thought she was perfectly competent.
I also don't think it's a case of anyone who wasn't Caroline getting a hard time. I found her (Laura) lacking in warmth and a bit stiff myself.

I predict the next person will be a better fit for the show and will be very popular. 🔮

The media gave Caroline a hard time for the same thing back when she was presenting and interviewing certain Love Islanders. I think she had a very hard job to do following Caroline, in what she initially thought was for one season until Caroline was well enough to front the show again. They modelled her exactly on Caroline in that she had the exact same shots entering the Villa down to the slow motion sexy strut to greet the contestants about 3 times a season. The questions she and Caroline asked are all scripted , with very little room for manoeuvre. I think she was perfectly competent, and didn’t find her any more or less warm than Caroline.

Reactions: dUb
I'd love to see MAURA doing the slow motion walk in every three weeks or whenever they show up :disco:

It’s quite difficult to think who they would cast as next presenter for this. SARAH JANE CRAWFORD? Although I think I spotted her on SONGS OF PRAISE at the weekend.

Sorry, I wouldn’t have a clue. Moopy is the closest to social media I get to. I can only go by what I saw and I thought she was perfectly competent.

The media gave Caroline a hard time for the same thing back when she was presenting and interviewing certain Love Islanders. I think she had a very hard job to do following Caroline, in what she initially thought was for one season until Caroline was well enough to front the show again. They modelled her exactly on Caroline in that she had the exact same shots entering the Villa down to the slow motion sexy strut to greet the contestants about 3 times a season. The questions she and Caroline asked are all scripted , with very little room for manoeuvre. I think she was perfectly competent, and didn’t find her any more or less warm than Caroline.
I'm glad you thought so - and you saw a lot more of it than me! But yeah, for whatever reason she wasn't well-liked online and I've noticed all her comments on Instagram are limited (ie none of the nasty stuff gets through), so it can't be at all pleasant to be dealing with all that negativity. If it was her choice, that's got to have been a bigger element than the flying to and fro, in my opinion. But again, haven't a clue!

Maya Jama is the name I've seen for AGES.

It's got to be the HOTTEST JOB IN THE BIZ anyway

I'm glad you thought so - and you saw a lot more of it than me! But yeah, for whatever reason she wasn't well-liked online and I've noticed all her comments on Instagram are limited (ie none of the nasty stuff gets through), so it can't be at all pleasant to be dealing with all that negativity. If it was her choice, that's got to have been a bigger element than the flying to and fro, in my opinion. But again, haven't a clue!

Maya Jama is the name I've seen for AGES.

It's got to be the HOTTEST JOB IN THE BIZ anyway

Maya Jama would be perfect and she is a regular on Aftersun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom