Local Monday Has Same Name

With the angles in heaven

It was -6c this morning when I went out to defrost the car. Both doors had frozen shut and it took twenty minutes of kettles to even get one door open. Because my hands were so cold I only noticed that I'd taken a big chunk out of one finger and all of the skin off my other fingers when I was scraping the ice off the window and a big dribble of blood ran down it.

I then arrived at work ten minutes late and discovered that the boiler had run out of water over the weekend and switched itself off so the office was freezing too. I made everybody else come to the boiler with me so they could see how to put water in and reset it.

I stayed inside with the heating on while two workmen did a three hour job in the freezing cold.

I DID offer a warm drink and a blowie but they declined, preferring to have coffee from a flask and penetrate one another.

I'm watching A Castle For Christmas on Netflix. it's set in Scotland, but the silly bastards have forgotten to put any Scottish actors in it! Shocking to discover Cary Elwes can play neither a Scotsman nor a convincing romantic lead.

Has anyone got their Christmas decs up yet? Mine will be another couple of weeks, but I have a few friends who have had them up for a couple of weeks already! :o

Has anyone got their Christmas decs up yet? Mine will be another couple of weeks, but I have a few friends who have had them up for a couple of weeks already! :o
My mum asked me to put her tree up yesterday, but she said she'll leave the rest of the decorations for a week or two.

I was going to complain until she offered me a very large Warninks for my trouble.

My mum asked me to put her tree up yesterday, but she said she'll leave the rest of the decorations for a week or two.

I was going to complain until she offered me a very large Warninks for my trouble.

Advocaat? I have a bottle somewhere but haven’t opened it. I don’t think I have drank one since the early 90’s.

We have lights on the railing outside our house.

Mostly as a statement to declare "WE'RE FUN AND FESTIVE GAYS, NOT ALOOF GAYS, DESPITE WHAT YOU MAY THINK"

I spoke to two neighbours, one to collect a parcel and one asking us to move the workmen's van. They werw both very nice about it, so I think it's working.
:)

I require a level of acquaintanceship with neighbours which is sufficient enough to take parcels in for us. Nothing more.

Our neighbours next door down moved out today. An older couple - apparently they are going to one of those retirement communities in Gloucestershire somewhere. Slightly yappy dog aside they have been perfect neighbours pretty much. Never requiring more than a nod and a 'morning!', and never once asking us around for a drink.

Reactions: COB
I've put up mine my mom's and my bf's trees 2-3 weeks ago, but haven't really made any other decorations. Was planning to create a piece with pine cones cinnamon dried orange etc but my pine cone hunt didn't exactly go well.

We put our tree up at the weekend, mainly because it was snowing and it seemed too much of a cliche to ignore. Also were busy the next couple of weekends and had nothing better to do this weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom