Lionel Blair DEAD

The curse of Big Brother strikes again!!!

Weird that it's so soon after Una Stubbs too.

The story of him and Alan Carr saving a man from suicide on Blackpool Pier is one of my favourite showbiz stories.

Yep he's always been quite adamant about his heterosexuality, which I find a little bit sad. Because I STILL don't believe him.

He was such a fun character on TV. Sad loss.

For ages round here there was a massive gurning photo of him on front of a block of new build old people’s flats as advertising. It must have been ten years since he was removed and still people refer to “turn left at the Lionel Blairs” when giving directions.

Yep he's always been quite adamant about his heterosexuality, which I find a little bit sad. Because I STILL don't believe him.

Why is that sad? What right do you have to judge him at all? You have no idea if that was who he was in real life or if it was all an act!

Gawd, imagine the outcry if someone kicked off about a straight bloke not being camp enough to be gay… :D

I only really remember him from CBB and constantly fighting with Luisa :D:disco:

Oh Lionel NOT IRAQ!!

I'd taken him off my deathlist in recent years, because i assumed the tapdancing bastard would live forever.

RIP etc

The master of Give Us A Clue. I’ll never forget him, exhausted and on his knees, finishing off An Officer And A Gentleman in under two minutes.

I particularly enjoyed that time he gave Christopher Biggins and Melvin Hayes The Yanks for two whole minutes.

Here you go...the gay innuendo wasn't there from the outset. Some of this is absolute gold.

Edit - removed (see below)

Last edited:
I do hope he's having a heavenly few rounds of Give Us A Clue with Una Stubbs now.

Oh, and of course, RIP. He always seemed like a genuinely lovely and enthusiastic man and I always have a soft spot for anyone in entertainment who isn't averse to sending themselves up.

I've just read that he hated the jokes on ISIHAC and now I feel like a prize twat. :(

RIP. Also AGOG at him being 92. But then I remember wasn't he well into his 80s during Big Brother? I have had the Give us a Clue theme music in my head all afternoon now so he's still bringing joy from beyond the grave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom