Labour: The Keir Starmer years

Sir Keir's won - are you happy with this outcome?

• Total voters
At least he should get an easier ride from the press. That'll help win over those Brexit-voting Northerners who went Tory... Right?

Diane gone :(, but Emily Thornberry to stay on the front bench in an as yet undisclosed position.

New appointments are pretty reassuring. A shadow chancellor who believes in renationalising railways, cheeky Nandy as Foriegn and a home secretary who is well versed in transformative labour governments of past.

And nothing big for Burgon or RLB, which frankly I think is a good thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: VoR
For the record i'm entirely on the fence for SIRKIER at the moment. He wasn't my preferred candidate, but he has potential to be good (or shit). His initial appointments have been positive but i'll withhold judgement for now.

Emily, and RLB both in the cabinet, Ed Milliband back, and QoL Doctor Rosena made Shadow Minister of Mental Health.

I have say I'm enjoying this news team. Especially a female shadow chancellor.

I'm here for Ed having another shot in ten years when the public is done with its Tory party stockholm syndrome moment of whatever. If he's lucky he can withstand any fallout from Starmer's torrential loss in the next election, swoop into the vacated position, be seen as and liked for the charming chap he is and win a narrow election victory in 2029, before it all goes to shit again and the Tories are resurrected four years later like a phoenix from the ashes of the poor.

I'm here for Ed having another shot in ten years when the public is done with its Tory party stockholm syndrome moment of whatever. If he's lucky he can withstand any fallout from Starmer's torrential loss in the next election, swoop into the vacated position, be seen as and liked for the charming chap he is and win a narrow election victory in 2029, before it all goes to shit again and the Tories are resurrected four years later like a phoenix from the ashes of the poor.

Clearly Angela Rayner should be our next Labour Prime Minister but whatever.

I'm a bit sad Dawn Butler's been cast back to the back benches. Her background eye-rolling was always my favourite part of PMQs.

But I guess SirKeir wanted a fresh start and WHO COULD BLAME HIM?

Sorry, Red Ed? Don't you mean JUST ANOTHER BLAIRITE RIGHT WINGER? :eyes:

i don't know much about him (have got that massive newstatesman piece open and unread) but i watched his inauguration speech (in front of a wardrobe?) and i'm still in two minds. he didn't give me a hard-on for sure. not even a semi.

Some of the stuff that’s coming out in these leaks about the behaviour of the anti-Corbyn core during the last two elections is so demented I can’t quite fathom it.

My fave is the WhatsApp chats of senior Labour staffers being devestated that the Tories had lost their majority on the night of the '17 election.

And them calling such EXTREMIST policies as higher corporation tax and rail nationalisation 'trots doing what trots do'.

And Sadiq Kahn and Andy Burnham being seen as too far left.

My least fave bit is the bit where they make fun of Diane Abbot because they found her crying in the bathrooms... And then tip off Channel 4 news about it.

Considering Corbyn was apparently running STALINIST PURGES, these shy Tory cunts were able to stay on the payroll actively sabotaging the party, diverting funds to their preferred candidates, and leaking negative stories to the press for years.

Honestly, people who dedicate their lives to politics really are by and large ABSOLUTE FREAKS, so this doesn't really surprise me at all.

It is pathetic, but ultimately I don't think stuff like this is the main reason Corbyn failed. There's probably wings of this dungeons and dragons nonsense working against every political leader. It's just more pronounced because of how widely and extremely hated he was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom