Kylie - Disco (album 15)

On an entirely unrelated note, how the fuck is Gary Barlow still selling in big numbers? Are they all supermarket sales or what??

Apparently very popular with the bewildered, the dead and elderly Take That fans who still hope they might have his babies one day :)

I MEAN WHY WOULD YOU EVEN OTHERWISE

I think he would have sold even more if he had played it safe with more of the usual Barlow ballads, rather than going out of his way to make the most offensive album imaginable with this hideous modern big band nightmare.

What has caused this week’s jump? Is the glow in the dark vinyl this week?

No, it was last week. At least that’s when I got mine.

The breakdown of last week’s sales show that it is still selling well on CD so I can only assume its shifting copies in supermarkets and the like.

I think most of the vinyls count for this week but it's only 3k of the total. she's selling to the locals :disco:

The glow in the dark was released on Friday, it just shipped earlier ahead of release like amazon sometimes does - so I assume it is included this week, isn't it?

And more were available on amazon on Monday, so that clearly explains why it jumped from the first midweek.

Interesting to see the eBay prices plummet now. Someone was selling the glow in the dark, blue vinyl and CD with signed print together and it finished at £62.

I have a sealed marble now that I got it replaced (first copy was warped) and went for the glow in the dark too, which is the one I'll keep. I FULLY intend to flog it for a high price. THAT had better stay up in price.

No, it was last week. At least that’s when I got mine.

The breakdown of last week’s sales show that it is still selling well on CD so I can only assume its shifting copies in supermarkets and the like.
Could she have been caught up in the grip of the Christmas sales? I did think it was brave releasing in November but it seems to be paying off.

Even with all the new formats etc it really is selling very well. Should be about 92-93k by end of the week. With three big sales weeks left she could happily hit 125k by the end of the year which is brilliant in this market.

Breakdown of sales thus far this week:

Total: 9,444

CD:5,955
Digital: 288
Streaming: 641
LP: 2,526

I know this is her third recent no.1, but this feels more like an actual hit, getting sales beyond the fanbase.

And in the absence of a top 40 single which Golden had.
I don't think that makes much difference at all, unless it's a decent sized hit. And Dancing only became a top 40 hit with the release of the album anyway.

Reactions: Zu
I know this is her third recent no.1, but this feels more like an actual hit, getting sales beyond the fanbase.

I still don't feel that's the case. It feels like it's manufactured more from the multiple formats that keep coming out. Golden was a proper hit, I felt. That had it's first week and then, bar the random cassettes, was held up by the public.

I'm honestly not sure quite what you're expecting. When she's struggling for airplay, when there's a lack of promo opportunities owing to the pandemic, when shops have been shut...why do her sales differ from anyone else releasing right now? I'm genuinely confused.

I still don't feel that's the case. It feels like it's manufactured more from the multiple formats that keep coming out. Golden was a proper hit, I felt. That had it's first week and then, bar the random cassettes, was held up by the public.
Well, it was 'held up' to an extent by being released into a much softer market as well.

Seems it's actually at No.6:

:disco:

Someone on Say Hey said it was the first album to climb inside the top ten since Enjoy Yourself, so clearly they are letting us down today.

Good to see her rebounding to 7. sales unknown but 9 sold 10.7k so presumably something like 11-11.5k :disco:

Apparently

Sales: 10,903
Total sales: 89,890
Sales WoW +23%
CD: 6,898
Digital: 306
Streaming: 806
LP: 2,855

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom