00 22nd Century
00 4th of July (Fireworks)
00 Home
00 Acapella
00 Scream
00 Emancipate
00 Brave
00 Song for the Baby

I remember being surprised this sold so poorly after Acapella did so well.

I listened to this today because of the daily thread. All so good

I even like Song for the Baby, which could have easily been cringy

Does anyone remember her song Distance? It was a leak from around this time, I think. I have some mp3 from YouTube, but it should have been released for real

It was her 2nd debut album - what a kaleidoscopic (yes, I went there) re-boot. Home, Brave, 22nd Century and Song For the Baby all huge songs for the gays rave faves.

It was her 2nd debut album - what a kaleidoscopic (yes, I went there) re-boot. Home, Brave, 22nd Century and Song For the Baby all huge songs for the gays rave faves.

hardly a reboot when she disappeared again then followed it up with an understated R&B album.

I don’t remember this album being that good. The singles are pretty good.

The outtakes from this are amazing (for 2010 anyway, why on Earth did she leave them out?
Yes! Theres 3 I know and all of them good.

I'm sure she was due to release a brand new album not long after Fleshtone but fucked off to become a chef!

09 Intro
09 22nd Century
10 4th of July (Fireworks)
10 Home
11 Acapella
07 Scream
08 Emancipate
09 Brave
09 Song for the Baby

08 Kids
09 Carefree American
08 Alive

I haven’t heard it for a long time (and I’m afraid I’d like it less now) but it was an 11 back then and should remain so.

It’s her best album after Kaleidoscope.

The album was both a shift in direction and yet gave her a cohesive thrust forward that was reminiscent of her debut and what was missing from the ones in between. I couldn't care less about what the sales were, it was an artistic reboot and its trail of flop singles merely humanising the perfection of the peaks :)

ALL of her albums were brilliant except the last one. I couldn’t get into it at all.

I started seeing her albums as mixed tapes, they were a bit all over the place. No bad thing, but when she puts her mind to it is clearly capable of much more.

I've never put Food on, but the one I heard sounded decent. I'm definitely overdue whizzing through her catalogue again to see what gems I've missed.

Does anyone remember her song Distance? It was a leak from around this time, I think. I have some mp3 from YouTube, but it should have been released for real

Distance is so amazing! :disco:

She had a falling out with Skream (the producer) after he refused to allow her to be in the video for Copycat (which he had put out as a single and that she featured on) so I guess that’s why Distance and any other songs they had been working on were shelved.

Last edited:
Reactions: RJN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom