Kelela - Raven (album) + Washed Away

Oh my God :disco: I was listening to Take Me Apart just yesterday funnily enough, what an album and what a woman!

out now

!!!

(this is the album intro BTW, bangers incoming)

That’s nice I guess, but I’m ready for the supposed bangers

Good move to reintroduce herself like this - something slow moving, beautiful and visually captivating. I hope we're not waiting too long for the album tho' - this year, please. I don't know what else Warp have on apart from a Bibio LP.

Having a KELELA COMMUTE this morning and my god, Truth Or Dare really is one of the most sensual songs of all time...

Here comes another
Dare you to GO UNDER
:disco: :horny:

This is more like it for me. I’m not obsessed but I’m more excited for the album

Love this! Did the album ever come out or is it still #comingsoon?

Contact is good. everything is good. but like... where are the hooks? everything's a vibe musically, but can we have something as well written as Frontline or Bluff? it's all blurring.

jesus, this one is really brilliant

easily the best so far. album out Friday

Can’t wait for this album. She reminds of Tinashe a bit.

what a great effort. my favourite is on the run.

what a understated banger. am i the only one who hears a ton of the sugababes in the vocals?

the album is waaaaay too ambient downtempo for me. a lot of it sounds like the album cover looks - drowning in a black void, and not in the fun Lana Del Rey way. I think I'm taking Enough For Love and not much else.

The album was indeed TOO downtempo as much as I love a bit of downtempo.

“Contact”, in isolation, remains amazing however.

Oh I LOVE this album, I've had it on repeat since it came out. It's just so luscious and very much a whole-listen through mood piece. I can hardly tell where one track starts and another ends.

Take Me Apart and Raven is an astonishing duel-punch of albums IMO.

It’s the album of the year for me and is her second 5 star masterpiece alongside Take Me Apart of course. The whole album is such a dramatic evocative and immersive experience.

Closure is absolutely my song of the year too.

I didn't take to the album at first. I felt like I understood what she was going for but it didn't quite click...until I popped it on a few weeks ago and realised that it's a winter album. A bit of dark and cold and the record makes perfect sense.

I didn't take to the album at first. I felt like I understood what she was going for but it didn't quite click...until I popped it on a few weeks ago and realised that it's a winter album. A bit of dark and cold and the record makes perfect sense.
Hit the nail on the head! Plus the watery theme is great too, the whole record makes you feel a bit submerged (if that makes sense)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom