Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
I'm surprised we don't have an official poll for this.

23559.jpg

00 King of the Mountain
00 Pi
00 Bertie
00 Mrs Bartolozzi
00 How to Be Invisible
00 Joanni
00 A Coral Room

00 An Endless Sky of Honey

If people want to break down An Endless Sky of Honey into its individual tracks feel free, but for me it's such a whole movement that I find separating it out to be quite redundant.

Anyway this album is so special to me, for a whole variety of reasons. Primarily, the night my grandmother died I went back to Liverpool to see her but had to take the first train back at 5am to be in Leeds for work. I was sitting on a totally empty carriage feeling very reflective, listening to A Sky of Honey on my Ipod while the sun came up over the Yorkshire moors. It really was indescribable.

Last edited:
It really is a gorgeous record. One of those rare projects where the artist's intentions are executed near-perfectly.

I absolutely love "An Architect's Dream" from the second half. It's one of the most beautiful things i've ever heard.

A Coral Room is one of the most powerful songs I've ever heard.

08 King of the Mountain
09 Pi
09 Bertie
08 Mrs Bartolozzi
07 How to Be Invisible
09 Joanni
11 A Coral Room

10 An Endless Sky of Honey

I just could NOT get into Sea of Honey, apart from Mrs Bartolozzi ...

SKY of Honey on the other hand is a real treasure

The album has some outstanding moments, but sometimes it's infuriatingly easy for her - she gets away with singing fucking numbers for god's sake, which either makes me laugh or bores me to tears. There are several 10 out of 10 songs though.

But yes, An Endless Sky of Honey is near-flawless.

Last edited:
Sky of Honey is one of the best records EVER for me. It's high concept, classy and brainy but it manages to feel as if she recorded it in the back of her garden while bird watching with Rolf.

Sea of Honey is a bit hit and miss but there are some gems too - A Choral Room is one of her most beautiful songs ever:

07 King of the Mountain
05 Pi
08 Bertie
08 Mrs Bartolozzi
10 How to Be Invisible
06 Joanni
11 A Coral Room

25 An Endless Sky of Honey

I'm listening to '50 words for snow' for the first time later on :disco:

How strange. I was just thinking about starting one of these for 'King of the Mountain' - a song I haven't been able to get out of my head this week.

I haven't really taken to '50 Words for Snow' yet (although it's only been one listen!) but the excitement of a new album has led me to give this a few more airings in the previous weeks. I really do love it. I struggle sometimes to let music take me 'away' emotionally. I think the left hand side (aka the imagination side) of my brain is a bit dead or something. But this album (namely the Sky of Honey bit) really manages to embed itself right in there, and I feel like I'm there with her, in that perfect afternoon... I love it so much!

I only obtained the album about a year ago so some of the Sea of Honey tracks haven't quite clicked with me yet. Luckily I've got Iguana (my own Kate expert) to help me out there though!

10 King of the Mountain
07 Pi
09 Bertie
08 Mrs Bartolozzi
07 How to Be Invisible
10 Joanni
10 A Coral Room

11 An Endless Sky of Honey (or 25 like Peekaboo!)

I finally bought this this week - the previews on iTunes blew me away. King Of The Mountain was one of my favourite songs of that year and I don't know why I never bothered before.

TBC.

Sky of Honey is one of the best records EVER for me. It's high concept, classy and brainy but it manages to feel as if she recorded it in the back of her garden while bird watching with Rolf.

Sea of Honey is a bit hit and miss but there are some gems too - A Choral Room is one of her most beautiful songs ever:

07 King of the Mountain
05 Pi
08 Bertie
08 Mrs Bartolozzi
10 How to Be Invisible
06 Joanni
11 A Coral Room

25 An Endless Sky of Honey

I'm listening to '50 words for snow' for the first time later on :disco:

wow, my thoughts spot on
though my sea of honey is a bit different

10 King of the Mountain
07 Pi
08 Bertie
09 Mrs Bartolozzi
06 How to Be Invisible
06 Joanni
10 A Coral Room

10 An Endless Sky of Honey

Yay Funky!

Joanni has been SUCH a grower for me. I love her slightly butch growling noises in the last 2 minutes.

After reading this thread I listened to An Endless Sky of Honey yesterday afternoon whilst grading papers and it was every bit as wonderful as I remember it. I opted to give the full album an 8 though as I never listened to the first disc that much and can only remember what KOTM and CR sound like off the top of my head.

King Of The Mountain remains my all time favourite KB track. There's just something about it that strikes a chord.

Absolutely love King of the Mountain.. especially the live version from Before the Dawn which has a much rockier edge to it. How to Be Invisible has also been stuck in my head for the past few days too.

This evening feels like SUCH an Aerial night here

It's warm and sunny and the birds are going crazy as the sun goes down

It has that feel of early summer, before it's been too hot for too long, and everything still looks fresh and new. Lovely.

I stand by everything I said on this thread +10 years ago :disco:

Actually I probably like King of the Mountain a bit more now. But How to be Invisible has stayed in my top 20 Kate since I heard it. LOVE that song.

Somewhere In Between has become my favourite song on this

Somewhere in between
The waxing and the waning wave
Somewhere in between
What the song and the silence says

Lyrics don't get much better than this

And as for A Coral Room, what can you say really? The really devastating stuff aside, I really love the idea of the places you revisit in your mind being underwater - it's just so evocative, and I think really captures something hard to put into words about the way memory works. Sometimes I think it's her greatest song of them all.

I can confirm that King Of The Mountain is STILL my favourite Kate Bush song.

A Coral Room is right up there as well.

Reactions: COB
I have a real soft spot for 'Bertie'. I know it's TWEE but it's such a lovely little BARDCORE moment. Also, after her last album had some of her most personal and SAD songs, it's nice to think she was picking things back up in a much happier state of mind. "You bring me so much joy, and then you bring me... More joy." 🥲

I really need to get Before The Dawn onto my phone, I had such a hankering to listen to it the other day. They should add it to streaming and chuck in Tawny Moon (Kate's Version) as a bonus :o

And as for A Coral Room, what can you say really? The really devastating stuff aside, I really love the idea of the places you revisit in your mind being underwater - it's just so evocative, and I think really captures something hard to put into words about the way memory works. Sometimes I think it's her greatest song of them all.

It always reminds me of Wet Dry World too :love:

E1F4B21A-2F25-47CD-8D8F-19DEA9CEC8D1.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: COB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom