Just some interesting stats from Spotify's playcounts

Life Got Cold is kneecapped by not being on even the deluxe Ten, I suppose. Still, neither is See The Day.

And that just exposes how relatively poorly both Wake Me Up and Whole Lotta History are performing, I guess.

Inevitable the masses only want the basics!

I'm just a love machine my ass

I am surprised Life got Cold was not on TEN but WAS in the TEN tour? Its not like they disowned it

RIGHT I had a go at doing Madonna and WHAT A FUCKING RABBIT HOLE THAT WAS.

Still fun though :david:

Madonna is probably the artist most affected by play counts split by song length not being recognised as the same song. She has so many different edits of her big hits strewn across compilations (as it so happens, the compilation function on Madonna's page doesn't seem to WORK, which is ODD in itself...)

370m - Material Girl
351m - Like A Prayer
323m - Hung Up
278m - La Isla Bonita
258m - Like A Virgin
251m - 4 Minutes
204m - Vogue
161m - Holiday
108m - Into The Groove
105m - Papa Don't Preach
98m - Crazy For You
97m - Frozen (actually 216m if you count the recent remix)

The consistency of accessing songs is all over the place. In some cases the studio version is the default, in others it's the compilation version. One example: on LAV, Material Girl has 45m plays; seems low. On Celebration, that version has 318m plays.

It gets more complicated from there because live versions of Vogue and Like A Prayer probably make up another 30m or so each, but I've only counted studio versions. There's just SO many versions of songs for people to access.

Finally Enough Love have even MORE versions but they've barely made a dent on the bigger tunes... yet.

MADONNA UPDATE POST TOUR

484m - Material Girl
438m - Like A Prayer
436m - Hung Up
376m - La Isla Bonita
348m - 4 Minutes
324m - Like A Virgin
250m - Vogue
195m - Holiday
141m - Into The Groove
133m - Papa Don't Preach
127m - Crazy For You
118m - Frozen
98m - Bitch I'm Madonna
84m - Sorry
79m - Music
71m - Medellin
69m - Ray Of Light
67m - Girl Gone Wild
63m - Borderline
63m - Live To Tell
62m - Express Yourself
58m - Take A Bow
56m - Open Your Heart
55m - American Pie
52m - True Blue
50m - Give Me All Your Luvin

Extra effort made to combine the main versions (radio/remix/comp version) as her Spotify catalogue is a fucking mess. Doesn't include live versions as the numbers are mostly small, although Vogue would probably get a 30m bump from lots of popular different versions. Possibly LAP also although to a lesser degree. Doesn't include the countless dance remixes as Spotify separates them ALL, but wouldn't make a huge difference.

Also:

Popular 666,895,526
Frozen (Sidekick) 162,905,131
Me Against The Music 63,230,255

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom