Jimmy Buffet DEAD

He was quite big in the US in certain circles as far as I know, there's even a chain of Margaritaville restaurants :o

I saw a Jimmy Buffet cover band last year. It was OK. z

RIP though. I can't say I was a fan but he was big here and seemed like a good person

My parents have loved him and his pastel beach bum schtick my entire life, they're quite sad today. Dad even owns and likes his books. We went to those Cheeseburger in Paradise restaurants about a dozen times over the years in different places back when I was a teen and they were a thing (gone now unlike the Margaritaville ones).

R.I.P. to him!

He’s one of the best selling artists of all time in America. Not that familiar with his music but he’s left a legacy. RIP

Jimmy Buffett songs on US Spotify:

6 (re-entry) Jimmy Buffett - Margaritaville (1,191,320 streams)
12 (new) Alan Jackson - It's Five O'Clock Somewhere (with Jimmy Buffett) (857,805 streams)
30 (new) Jimmy Buffett - Cheeseburger In Paradise (658,043 streams)
44 (new) Jimmy Buffett - Come Monday (546,551 streams)
45 (re-entry) Zac Brown Band - Knee Deep (feat. Jimmy Buffett) (542,434 streams)
50 (new) Jimmy Buffett - Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes (518,550 streams)
54 (new) Jimmy Buffett - A Pirate Looks At Forty (501,921 streams)
71 (new) Jimmy Buffett - Son Of A Son Of A Sailor (460,390 streams)
102 (new) Willie Nelson, Jimmy Buffett, Emmylou Harris, Sheryl Crow, Eric Church, George Strait, Dave Matthews, Chris Stapleton, Derek Trucks, Kris Kristofferson, The Avett Brothers, Bobby Bare, Jack Johnson, Jamey Johnson, Lee Ann Womack, Lukas Nelson, Lyle Lovett, Margo Price, Micah Nelson, Nathaniel Rateliff, Norah Jones, The Little Willies, Ray Benson, Steve Earle, Susan Tedeschi, Vince Gill - Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die - Live (405,319 streams)
107 (new) Jimmy Buffett - Boat Drinks (402,291 streams)
139 (new) Jimmy Buffett - Fins (358,599 streams)

I think I underestimated how popular he was

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom