Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?

VoR

Take it or leave it
This album was released two years ago today :o

I'd be interested to know how well it sold all in all, but it almost doesn't matter in this climate. It's very clearly a modern classic that sees to have elevated her stock substantially after the slightly iffy third album.

It feels like we never really stopped talking about it, but go ahead and RATE anyway:

1656319884817.png

00 Spotlight
00 What's Your Pleasure?
00 Ooh La La
00 Soul Control
00 Save a Kiss
00 Adore You
00 In Your Eyes
00 Step Into My Life
00 Read My Lips
00 Mirage (Don't Stop)
00 The Kill
00 Remember Where You Are

3 years old today. :disco:

10 Spotlight
11 What's Your Pleasure?
08 Ooh La La
10 Soul Control
10 Save a Kiss
08 Adore You
10 In Your Eyes
07 Step Into My Life
09 Read My Lips
08 Mirage (Don't Stop)
11 The Kill
10 Remember Where You Are

11 Please
06 Impossible
08 Eyes Closed
10 Overtime
10 Hot N Heavy
11 Pale Blue Light
07 0208

the album of the decade to date for me. glamorous, sexy, shimmery, sultry, fun, camp, euphoric, and not without substance... some girls have it ALL

Definitely the album of the 20s so far, and come 2030 I can’t see it being anything less than Top 10 of the decade. It’s not just that the songs are top notch, it’s where it stands in the titanic shift in pop music during covid. A cornerstone in the movement of making retro pop and dance cool again; not a pastiche, but current, fresh and relevant. Less nostalgia and more urgent, positive, forward thinking and, during lockdown, fucking necessary.

It made a huge dent in all the year end lists, among and usually ahead of her contemporaries like Dua and Gaga. More of an achievement for her, given her comparative lack of global notoriety, but this was the album that the music industry really took notice.

It was also an epic whiplash of a career resurgence…. An album when the stars totally aligned.

10 Spotlight
10 What's Your Pleasure?
08 Ooh La La
08 Soul Control
10 Save a Kiss
10 Adore You
09 In Your Eyes
08 Step Into My Life
09 Read My Lips
10 Mirage (Don't Stop)
10 The Kill
11 Remember Where You Are