Industry (BBC Two)

Didn’t realise this has already started broadcasting in the US.

I can’t see anything about the BBC showing it yet? Are they saving it for its RIGHTFUL PLACE at 9pm on a SUNDAY

I was wondering why no one is posting here.

I have to say the first three episodes have been a bit slow and not too exciting but I’m sure things will turn around soon.

Maybe BBC2 are holding it back due to all the sport on the schedules this month.

That's interesting, hope it does well though it seems to me to be more suited to BBC2.

I was wondering why no one is posting here.

I have to say the first three episodes have been a bit slow and not too exciting but I’m sure things will turn around soon.

I’m waiting to binge it. It’s how I watched the first season.

I read the Beeb are having it as a boxset this time around, so are airing next month (I guess at the end of the weekly HBO run?) with it in full straight away on iPlayer.

I do wonder if HBO Max essentially being DEAD means that this will be the final series, whether the makers / BBC want more or not?

The first one was a box set but also broadcast weekly for OLD PEOPLE LIKE ME who enjoy SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO ON A THURSDAY

Sort of - it was premiering weekly on iplayer and telly for the first few eps, and then it was like they just thought fuck it and uploaded the second half in one go.

Maybe someone pressed the wrong button by mistake

I know no one is up to speed but episode 7 was fucking intense and fabulous especially for the
unexpected appearance of Daria
, the reference to Kendall Roy/Succession…

…and most especially because MY all time favourite ASFM song was played, I almost forgot that I’m not the actual producer/artist behind it. :disco:

I very much enjoyed series two, although I'd say that the episodes all being like 10 minutes longer this time just made them a bit baggier.

I'm not sure if it quite reached the highs of series one, but I was especially a fan of: the glamorous older french lady* from the higher floor; Gus' Tory constituency jaunt; the stuff with Yasmin and her family; dirty old letch Sarah Parrish going through the Pierepoint youth like wild fire; and basically every time Harper was on screen. She is SO watchable. I do hope it comes back for a third run.

*who I was even more a fan of when I discovered that she co-starred in the video for Cher's Believe :disco:

“You know, you play broken really well, but to be honest, you’re just a bit of a cunt aren’t you” :disco:

Loved that this was basically redone in nearly the first scene of season 2 with Yasmin again calling Harper a cunt :disco:

Just finished episode 1 there and really do love this show and so glad it’s back. All the sex and cuntery and that soundtrack.

I’m on episode 6 and I agree that the episodes feel a tad too long. I don’t mind that it’s less sensationalist but I wish they’d move it a bit faster.

Also Jay Duplas with that white streak is very sexy.

loved the last couple of episodes and that cliffhanger finale

I feel it treaded water a fair bit with Yasmin's story

I want them to be snappier.

Oh good. I need to actually get around to watching the rest of Season 2 but I fucking love anytime Harper does a deal on the floor.

I'm watching at broadcast pace, so early days but it does feel a bit less thrilling than the first run.

Harper wiping Dan's cum off her stomach in the bathroom while she undermines him on the phone to Jay Duplass though :disco:

I’m slowly working through this. Really enjoyed the Christmas episode and Harper finally being called out for being a narcissist who only cared about herself.

I really can’t get on with Yas. Slips between turmoil ridden with no friends and just being a massive bellend.

Harper willing the destruction of FastAide to serve one person was kinda heartbreaking (mainly because it deffo happens in real life). Sad :(

“You look like Kendall fucking Roy!”

Does Eric watch the TV show or do they exist in the same world! 🤔

Oh Yas not the “was it even assault though?” card. Really mixed about how she spoke to Kenny, like she’s right but if she cares that much shouldn’t she have cared more about the grad? I mean it’s Yas so doubtful.

Daria slinking in was :disco:

Well slowly working through the series ended with me just finishing the final episode. Quite slow paced I thought but with lots of nice little twists and double crossing going on with Harper getting shafted the most but she has Bloom or not?

I’m guessing not because he would be implicit in insider trading and he basically used her.

I had to pause halfway through season 2. Partly because as mentioned above the episodes were just TOO LONG (a snappy 45 minutes would be much better), and also because at points it was just too depressingly BLEAK for me to be able to find the energy to watch it.

SPOILERS BELOW -
- The two main male characters seemed utterly pointless and underwritten in season 2? Gus especially with his convenient relationship with the series' big bad son. You could have taken Gus out completely and missed very little (I did quite fancy the son though). Did not understand the scenes with his Scouse constituent either? That seemed to lead to nowhere in the end.
- Robert had a bit more to do, although it was unfortunate that his main storyline was just a redux of one of Harper's from the first season. It felt a bit like a way to crowbar Sarah Parrish back on screen. I wish they'd pulled the bisexual lever on him during the gay club/client scenes in season 1. It would make him much more interesting, and give them a lot more to write about.
- I didn't really care for the main storyline with the guy with the white streak in his hair and the boundless financial MUMBO JUMBO and JARGON that they seemed to go full-throttle on in season 2. The interpersonal dynamics and politics are much more interesting for me.
- The cliffhanger at the end felt a bit like a plot point for the sake of having a cliffhanger tbh :D I'm sure it will all be SWIFTLY RESOLVED within the first episode or two of season 3 anyway.
- I'd have liked them to further explore the girl who was Yas' replacement on the desk, and possibly bump her up to main cast. Seeing the cycle of terror repeat itself a year on is quite an interesting dynamic.

Basically DIDN'T HATE, wouldn't watch again though, and certainly not as good or gripping as season 1 was.

I agree. I found the second season more stressful, less sexy, and because of the fewer interactions between the newer recruits, less compelling.

I agree. I found the second season more stressful, less sexy, and because of the fewer interactions between the newer recruits, less compelling.
I think I’ve had about three more episodes to go for about a month now but just never get round to watching :shy: Series one was a have to watch the moment it came out

Is there any full frontal nudity in the second series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom