Harry Styles - Harry's House (May 20th)

I don’t think total streams are down, it’s just more fragmented. But I’m having a hard time finding any data on it

Is Streaming contracting across the board? That's interesting - what do people use to listen to music instead? Tiktok?
I don't believe streaming is down at all. Spotify had a record year last year I'm pretty sure I read and every year twice a year or so something breaks the streaming record for a day/week.

Good for Adele and her streams, but is anyone as excited about Easy On Me as As It Was? NO :D
F50C69BD-33A1-4DEC-A681-8E7E3FE9E9EE.gif

Love you @Jark :D

"Harry, you're no good alone
Why are you sitting at home on the floor?
What kind of pills are you on?"

Honestly Noel the bitchiest person ever for someone of so little relevance, impact and TALANT.
I know we’re not meant to pit strong independent females against each other but he’s neither so fuck it.

Last edited:
Noel can be quite funny and has written some (two?) real bangers.

He usually sounds like a really dreary uncle at a wedding though.

Why is he not hiding in shame for trying to start a feud with a1 twenty-one years ago and STILL sporting a feathered hairdo that would make Hazel Dean envious? (Noel, not Hazza).

Both Easy On Me and As It Was had fallen just under 40% by day three in terms of global figures.

In terms of the US, it's holding slightly better than Easy On Me.
I was going to say its trajectory seemed fine considering its near record setting debut. We can't expect it to stabilize at 16m per day Ms. Jark :D

Is Streaming contracting across the board? That's interesting - what do people use to listen to music instead? Tiktok?
OK a day later I found something about this:

"The numbers tell the story, especially when it comes to the all-important audio-streaming format, which is how many Americans now listen to music. Streams of current releases declined by 19.4% in 2021 while streams of older (or “catalog”) releases surged by 29.4%, according to industry tracker MRC Data."

This is just for America, but I don't see why it would be different anywhere else

That's interesting. Is it older people finally catching up with streaming, while younger people have already moved on to something else?

I think it’s young people listening to older music too

8A9BFB86-844B-4267-9522-D6FDE589BCCE.png

14, 16, and 18 are all a few years old and are just becoming hits now. Probably older people discovering streaming as well

OK a day later I found something about this:

"The numbers tell the story, especially when it comes to the all-important audio-streaming format, which is how many Americans now listen to music. Streams of current releases declined by 19.4% in 2021 while streams of older (or “catalog”) releases surged by 29.4%, according to industry tracker MRC Data."

This is just for America, but I don't see why it would be different anywhere else
That might explain why Madonna is the new Queen of TikTok Sharting & also Spotify Top 200 World-wide.

My mother has very recently discovered the joys of Spotify as well. I told her that she could pay a tenner a month to get it ad free which I knew she would never go for anyway, but apparently she prefers the adverts because it's more like the radio.

It makes sense I guess. The ‘younger crowd’ that have been streaming the best part of a decade possibly listened to mainly their current tastes originally, but over the years have banked up songs that they now go back to (even if only from say 2015) so don’t quite listen to as high a percentage of what is just released. Add in the older demographic getting on board more as the years go on. Combined this would make older music get a higher stream count relative to new releases.

Reactions: RJN
#1 with 94,000 chart sales. Easily the biggest debut of the year so far, but some way off Adele, who opened with 217,300 for Easy On Me.

Surprised he hasn't managed to dethrone The Wanted on iTunes, not that it'll mean much in the final chart with streaming numbers like that.

Gold Forever went in at #82. :bruised:

Ed Sheeran's Bad Habits opened to 92,000 chart sales, so Harry does narrowly beat that.

the chorus is just horribly insipid. one of those THIS is the chorus??! moments. shame as the rest is good. but overall - limp.

sorry miss Suedette.

A total career-making, nagging delight with iconique video to match.

WHO NEEDS a stadium-filling chorus a la Coldplay when you have

"You know it's not the the same as it was"

DEVASTATING
in its simplicity, and I haven't liked a single song of his prior aside from Sign Of The Times :disco:
What about
Adore YOU :disco: WALK Through Fire For U
Lights UP Do U Know Who U Are?
GOLDEN! You're so GOLDEN!

FALLING
Watermelon sugar HIGH!!! though?

14, 16, and 18 are all a few years old and are just becoming hits now. Probably older people discovering streaming as well
If an older song is in the charts, it is always worth checking whether it has randomly blown up on TikTok.

That said, I think streaming has probably become somewhat more popular with older people through things like Alexa and Google Home making it easier to use Spotify and Amazon Music.

Yes, but @statsharry probably isn't quite the authority on that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom