George Michael - Freeek!

TITS AND ASS

• Total voters

Zu

User
Contrary to my better instincts, I've come to the conclusion that this utterly ridiculous, wholly overstated carry-on is quite the SENSATIONAL THRILL and certainly one of Herr Whoops-Here-Comes-Tarmac's greater efforts

VOTE SCHNELL

I LOVE the song.

The video on the other hand comes across as the equivalent of dressing up and recreating your favourite Britney Spears video in front of the mirror when you have millions of dollars and are old enough to know FAR better

Back then it felt like a huge disappointment. I felt that he had already done the sex thing so many times before, especially with Outside so this was a bit unnecessary. But nowadays it's a 9/10.

PREPOSTEROUS

I love it. I remember being fascinated at the time but it sort of dropped off the radar. How did I forget how astonishingly overblown the video was? I remember the main bits but even so! Love the More Than A Woman-esque dance break

I don't care to spoil it, but is the chorus really "I'll be your sexual freak of the week"?

It always has been ABSOLUTELY SENSATIONAL and I never understood why it wasn't an uber hit. That MARVELLOUS SQUELCH was the soundtrack to my ENTIRE LIFE back in OH TWO :disco:

Oh but yes, that video- HOW EARLY 90s is THAT!? I LOVE it !

Wiki seems to think it did decent business on the continent but I guess not here. Still, the album (eventually) did well.

Surprised really off the back of the other shit singles

So many highlights - not that I'm watching it on repeat obviously :) - but the eyes of truth opening to observe the sordid nature of it all to the accompaniment of a very sexy squeak at 0:16 is a current favourite :disco:

It always has been ABSOLUTELY SENSATIONAL and I never understood why it wasn't an uber hit. That MARVELLOUS SQUELCH was the soundtrack to my ENTIRE LIFE back in OH TWO :disco:

This. Maybe it was overhype after all the build up and peoples expectations were for something a bit safer.

The song is fabulous but perhaps the strategy a misfire because he was in the midst of a label bidding war and I imagine that this softened the offers when it stalled in the charts.

The song is fabulous but perhaps the strategy a misfire because he was in the midst of a label bidding war and I imagine that this softened the offers when it stalled in the charts.
The video was probably a bit dirty for some although obviously not our depraved European neighbours based on the chart positions detailed on Wiki :disco:

OH THOSE HUNGARIANS AND ITALIANS

I've always been a fan of this SONG4GEORGE and as a wee pre-teen thought he looked absolutely HOT in the video.

Geru should had covered this as a b-side for Angles in Chains. I think I need a re-BOOTy theehehe yeknowwhatimean.

Living every gay child of the 90s' fantasy of being a SLUTTY POWER RANGERS VILLAIN :disco:

Had no idea that what I was hearing was Aliyaah's Try Again sampled. I just looked on wikipedia as I wondered if maybe Rodney Jerkins had produced it (my mind had went to What About Us), but very surprised to see he did it himself. And the Q-Tip (:horny:) sample I now can pick out too.

It’s really odd, I thought I knew this song well but having played the video there now I’ve zero recollection of the song (other than the title) or the video. Oh those heady days of the early 00s.

I remember being convinced this would be a huge #1 smash. But as Vivacious told us, GAY has always stood for Generations Ahead of Yesterday.

I just played this on the walk home from my swim/ hour in my local afternoon and I can confirm you get rather funny looks when you say “can I come on innnn?” out loud in a George/Freeek voice after two pints of Strongbow.

FREE CHAT

FUCK THAT

GET A LITTLE HARDER

tumblr_oinv2zfhf51w02h8ao2_1280.gifv

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom