General Prince thread

Funky

User
We don't seem to have a general thread for the Purple One

New Vault track dropped this week

And an alternate version of "7" which sounds a lot like a Michael Jackson production @Ellie

Why have the deluxe editions dried up? I was gagging for Diamonds and Pearls.

Brilliant isn’t it? There’s something so right about Nina Simone interpreting Prince, and especially this track.

It's not my favourite album by a long way but HORNY PONY is a JAM

I can't do THAT I'm a LADY

Slight diversion - Birdy covers When Doves Cry. When you listen to it as a completely different song, it's not bad. Interesting how the chord structure works as a haunting ballad

Don't know what's happening with the release of this, the remaster of the album is on Apple Music in Dolby Atmos and sounds pretty amazing.

No sign of the bonus material though.

What’s Get Blue? That an old b side or a new vault song?
Originally created by Prince at Paisley Park in March of 1991, “Get Blue” later appeared on R&B artist Louie Louie’s 1993 album Let’s Get Started. This new, previously unreleased demo showcases Prince playing every instrument and overseeing all aspects of the recording and mixing of the song.

Not previously unreleased, but not previously on digital. A b-side from the Musicology era, no doubt to coincide with that album's 20th Anniversary this week

Prince-ish, but I had no idea Sheila E's The Glamorous Life music video was directed by Mary "Like A Prayer" Lambert. Sadly only uploaded in 480p, but that's Rhino for you.

Quality is shit but I'm just loving this song and video right now after reading Mayte's book about her life with Prince. Not sure if it's just an Apple Music thing but I wish they would sort The NPG albums out with streaming services.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom