Futurama 2023 revival

So the new season of Futurama started in America last night on Comedy Central. I enjoyed the Rebirth episode but can't say I was too impressed with the second episode, which focused on Leela and Zapp, which got tiresome at the end of the last series.

The events of the first new episode follow on from the last movie. Hopefully the season will be just as good as previous seasons.

Last edited:
Apparently Sky have the rights to this in the UK but have no plans to show it. Disappointing.

Mom's bastard moment and Fry filming himself falling into the goat vomit/poo only to miss and push himself in were the highlights.

I'm enjoying the new series, but the most recent episode worried me a bit. It had its moments but Futurama was never QUITE so transparent/single-issue in its satire. I hope now they're back they won't fall into the trap of having TOO many blatant cultural references in place of jokes - that's more the domain of humour-free zones like FAMILY GUY :angry:

Moopy very much paralleling real life with all discussion of this show going stone cold after only the second episode of the resurrected series. . .

Anyway, for those who may not be aware, after 52 new episodes over three years it's (again) come to an end with the nth finale airing in the U.S. last night.

I've just watched it and thought it was perfect. The frozen world sequence at the end was wonderful. I don't think there's any possibility of it returning to television again, but additional straight-to-video releases are still possible I suppose, although probably entirely unnecessary.

Hulu are reviving Futurama for a 20 episode season due to air in 2023! Most of the original cast are returning except for John DiMaggio.

The series has had 4 perfect final episodes, I don't really now where they can go with this, unless it's a complete reboot.

Isn't it John DiMaggio (Bender) who's not coming back over a pay dispute?

It seems like he's holding out for more money, so they could conceivably come to an agreement...

Last edited:
If he's not coming back they should just give the character a completely new voice due to some plot contrivance rather than hire a soundalike

It never got AS bad as The Simpsons, but each previous revival of this got progressively worse so I'm a bit cautious...

I'll watch no doubt, but it's hard to imagine how it could have ended any more perfectly.

Just make Bender a woman :disco:
Bend_her.jpg

Just make Bender a woman :disco:

Oh but they did once :bruised:

He “got a sex change” to compete in the Olympics as a female and get a competitive advantage, won everything, and “changed back” at the end…

Edit: just saw that @rhythmbandit already mentioned it

Last edited:
Oh but they did once :bruised:

He “got a sex change” to compete in the Olympics as a female and get a competitive advantage, won everything, and “changed back” at the end…
Guest writer: Sharron Davies

I'm really enjoying this, even if every episode so far re-introduces old minor characters (Roberto, Barbados Slim, Cubert, Robot Santa etc). The pandemic episode felt both current and extremely dated at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom