Florence + the Machine - Dance Fever, King + My Love (plus further floorfillers)

My Love is getting a massive push. straight onto Radio 1's A-list, top of New Music Friday, already on Hot Hits UK. I actually think King is perhaps a better song but happy for her to snatch a "hit" with this if the stars align.

track titles are being teased. so far we have...

Free
The Bomb
Girls Against God
Back in Town
Choreomania
Dream Girl Evil
Prayer Factory
Cassandra

some of these feel very Garbage :disco: A MEDUZA remix of My Love is also out tomorrow.

full tracklist

1. King
2. Free
3. Choreomania
4. Back in Town
5. Girls Against God
6. Dream Girl Evil
7. Prayer Factory
8. Cassandra
9. Heaven is Here
10. Daffodil
11. My Love
12. Restraint
13. The Bomb
14. Morning Elvis

A bit late but I've been enjoying the new songs quite a lot, King is really a very special song - she does a lot of little stuff with her inflections as it builds that I can't get enough of, and then that drop out then big BURST towards the end, it's too much :disco: It's got me back in the Florence mood, I might even do a top trax list later on.

album #1 in the mids with 26.5k so far. High as Hope opened with 40k.

haven't listened yet so can't comment on the ratio of club bangers to percussion-free Jack Antonoff twang

I’m finding it very dull.

I’ve saved a couple of tracks but it’s very SLOW

definitely more of the Art Project side of Florence.
I just don’t know if I have the patience for it

Happy for the longevity success though

You said that rock and roll is dead
But is that just because it has not been resurrected in your image?
Like if Jesus came back, but in a beautiful dress
And all the evangelicals were like, "Oh, yes"

Can't stop playing/thinking about this verse. Queen King!

DREAM GIRL EVIL is particularly hitting hard for me on this Saturday morn brunchette time.

Take us to a medieval cathedral with your historical chamber pop bangers Queen King Flo!

• Love
Reactions: COB
I'm sorry, but the full album version of My Love (featuring the already iconic extended orchestral introduction)?
tumblr_b454587798635f2566752dab6cd77728_fffe4ca4_250.gif

New live album out today:

I've almost finished listening to it all - she's in fantastic voice, and it's quite the all killer no filler setlist for the most part.

I'm normally pretty critical of her live vocals but i've just had a flick through and she sounds wonderful. Found some footage on YouTube and she looks like she's having the time of her life at that gig. Never Let Me Go and Rabbit Heart sound incredible.

A new song "Mermaids" was added to Dance Fever (Complete Edition). Love the sassy brass instruments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom