Flip N’ Fill ft Kelly Llorenna - True Love Never Dies

Your score

• Total voters
Rita, I don’t think he was at the same PA I was at. I was quite drunk though so it’s not impossible. I was naturally in awe of Kelly that night, she is a celebrity from my childhood and dance music dame.

Rita, I don’t think he was at the same PA I was at. I was quite drunk though so it’s not impossible. I was naturally in awe of Kelly that night, she is a celebrity from my childhood and dance music dame.

I must admit many of her songs certainly DO hit the spot. Fantasy being my favourite of her solo efforts.

Hi Rita! No I do not know that man. Should I? Is he famous? Who is it?
1655212869217.png

According to Alan Jones' end of year analysis in Music Week, on singles it was Sophie E-B on 0.27m sales.

Sophie's sales

87 Murder On The Dancefloor – Sophie Ellis-Bextor 115,000
89 Get Over You / Move This Mountain – Sophie Ellis-Bextor 113,000

Kelly's sales

99 True Love Never Dies (re-issue) – Flip & Fill featuring Kelly Llorenna 103,000
132 Tell It To My Heart - Kelly Llorenna 82,000

Heart Of Gold didn't make the top 200 so sales less than 48,000

I swear the list on Haven I checked yesterday had Kelly on 132k rather than #132, but I must have been misreading!

Music Gets The Best of Me must’ve done about 30k or so as well. I guess it all depends on whether Forever is counted for Kelly. Officially it isn’t, but debatably it perhaps could be.

There was a mistake on the list and Tell It To My Heart was listed twice. The track on 132k was actually Ashanti's Baby

Hi there straightorbroken, sadly not. From what I can see Kelly is living a great life playing shows at 90s festivals and concerts. There are a lot of them every year now, the 90s and early 00s nostalgia is at its peak it seems.

Hi Pipo. No, Forever by N Trance (featuring uncredited vocals by Kelly Llorenna).

FreakAsylum deserved a hit! She was even labelled as being from the group when she famously appeared on Radio 1 singing Set You Free for Greg James’ show. I hoped they might have backed them after that.

Some vintage popjustice posters may remember the poster Kirkland sharing (often) the story that his sister punched Kelly in the face (as in punched her in the face) after KLO proudly declared herself the new Annie Lennox.

Kelly has dancefloor dominance. What can I say? I think if she was ever punched in the face she would punch back twice as hard!

Yes Suedey, that’s the spirit! The voice of the Clubland generation indeed.

Hi RJN, I also like Kylie and Dannii, as well as all the club classics. Do you know the song Freedom by Shiva? The singer sadly died in a hit and run not long before it became a minor hit. It’s one of my favourite dance anthems.

They weren't terribly consistent with how they credited their featured vocalists, but I believe at one point she was considered a full-time member of the band.

Until they fell out a few years later and the guy from N-trance called her an old slapper online. :D

He said she looked like an old slapper in her I Will Love Again video on the AATW messageboards. This was the bald overweight guy (Steve?) I'd be offended, but for a long time I affectionately referred to her as a battered haggis in a corset and I'm a fan!

N-Trance seem to have all but faded into a touring act consisting of absolutely no one who did anything on the tracks they are "performing". It must be easy enough money and lord knows they all do it (Capella, JX and Livin' Joy (although I'm sure I've mentioned Janice and "Tameko" (as the previously billed Tameka Starr npw calls herself) now offer themselves as a bookable act)).

The N-Trance videos are all shockingly low res and the last N-Trance video with Kell featured isn't even online (I think it has survived in a montage video of her hits made by a fan - the halloween mask scene is her best since the dancefloor shoving and gum-chewing solo dance move, both from Tell It To My 'Art).

I honestly think with better management she could have held onto some sort of mainstream media presence, but do think an old acquaintance's assertion that "she's a bit dim" when they worked with her might also have played a part in her staying at a certain level. They are not for the faint hearted, but her PAs are just full of her shouting "are you ready?", "come on" and her new favourite, which is a chant that involves saying "fook" and getting someone drunk to repeat after her. There is something to be said about Kelly being so stubbornly set in place if not free - in fact she's more likely to have an ankle bracelet than actually unleash some actual vocals to sing her own songs. I think she's quite content with the status she has though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom