Flip N’ Fill ft Kelly Llorenna - True Love Never Dies

Your score

• Total voters
AATW need to sort out the videos of their heritage acts.

Anyway, what a roll she was on. 4 top 10s, she was bigger than Madonna that year :side-eye:

Tell 'em all the truth
Get up on the roof
Stop and shout it

Is/was she a good vocalist? She always sounds good on recordings.

I think she’s seen as a pretty great dance vocalist. Not sure about live performances, but it’s a rather powerful voice on record.

She's the epitome of a FOGHORN but when it's deployed properly it works a treat.

I still love her flop solo debut from 1996. Deserved to at least be a forgotten #12 hit instead of a forgotten #43 flop.

She's the epitome of a FOGHORN but when it's deployed properly it works a treat.

I still love her flop solo debut from 1996. Deserved to at least be a forgotten #12 hit instead of a forgotten #43 flop.

She looks knackered walking up that sand dune.

• Haha
Reactions: VoR
Including not one but two iconic live vocal TOTP performances :disco:

It's interesting because the 2nd vocal is better even though she's moving about. I think the Queen-tastica setting with the chaise longe may have actually inadvertently generated some nerves which led to a more 'wobbly' vocal from K-Llo...

I always thought she knocked it out the park with the Forever totp performance. The chorus is mimed, but she still goes for it and even shows some control despite the early wobbles. Jamie was impressed anyway:

The voice hasn't really survived in a live setting where all she does is gurn at the audience to "cuuu'mooooon".

I've just remembered that the Queen of Clubs AND Alter-Egos was a right TASTY BIRD (when Vaseline was smeared on the camera lens).

5534555675_54568395e1_z.jpg

And that the unreleased single "You Better Leave" was a bit of a corker.

WHY has K.Llo/Lola Leethal never been sent direct to Eurovision?

I've just remembered that the Queen of Clubs AND Alter-Egos was a right TASTY BIRD (when Vaseline was smeared on the camera lens).

5534555675_54568395e1_z.jpg

And that the unreleased single "You Better Leave" was a bit of a corker.

WHY has K.Llo/Lola Leethal never been sent direct to Eurovision?

The album teaser had me chomping at the gums. Sarah Harding would have done a fine job on some of these numbers if Lola had moved on. Every now and then I still message, politely begging them to put it out there.

Hi! Can anyone help? Is it true Kelly Llorenna was the best-selling British female in the UK in 2002? I think I read this online in 2003. The only person I can think of who may have sold more is Sophie-Ellis Bextor. Kelly’s album only made no. 62 but sales were higher back then. Let me know!

Hi! Can anyone help? Is it true Kelly Llorenna was the best-selling British female in the UK in 2002? I think I read this online in 2003. The only person I can think of who may have sold more is Sophie-Ellis Bextor. Kelly’s album only made no. 62 but sales were higher back then. Let me know!
We have some chart experts who may be able to help. I would find that hard to believe though.

Never has there been a more suitable username on Moopy than @KellyLlorennaForever

I can’t answer the question unfortunately, but I really hope you’re right :disco:

I believe it was true that she sold/featured on more singles than any other female British solo artist that year, but Sophie was her only real competition at the time and she only released Get Over You and Music Gets The Best of Me that year.

There's no way it'd be true of albums. Dido would've still been floating around for one.

Also, WELCOME :disco: Hope you stick around for more hot Kelly Llorenna chat!

Question, have you ever been photographed looking visibly agog while watching her at a ropey Northern nightclub back in your salad days?

Just scanning the year end lists, NO solo british females in the top 50 singles
:agog:

Dido just squeaked ahead of SEB on albums (#27 vs #28) but yeah no chance for K-Llo on albums, even though the Best Of went silver if I recall.

I guess K-Llo had True Love, Tell it to my heart and Heart of Gold, the first two were top 10. Maybe even a few leftovers from Set U Free (wasn’t that released late 2001?)

I actually think it is true :D

Obviously single wise only (Soph did about 500k that year alone in albums), and also includes all featured credits, some of which I’m not sure she even was officially credited on for the chart (Forever was N-Trance on their own wasn’t it?). But yes, I think single wise she did about 315k (132k/103k/49k and whatever Heart of Gold did). A quick look puts her quite clear of Sophie.

What a woman.

Obviously single wise only (Soph did about 500k that year alone in albums), and also includes all featured credits, some of which I’m not sure she even was officially credited on for the chart (Forever was N-Trance on their own wasn’t it?). But yes, I think single wise she did about 315k (132k/103k/49k and whatever Heart of Gold did). A quick look puts her quite clear of Sophie.

What a woman.

Yep. I am pretty sure I have read that stat before.

Thank you all so much for your quick and comprehensive responses! I’d be really keen to find out if she at least was the best selling British female for singles in 2002. It’s a shame N-Trance didn’t credit her on Forever. Maybe she had technically rejoined the group for that single? I had no idea her album went silver, that’s brilliant. I have seen Kelly live once in 2014 at a nightclub PA. She was of course the ultimate entertainer… the crowd went wild.

What a woman.

Wait, what? How much did Kylie manage in 2002???

According to Alan Jones' end of year analysis in Music Week, on singles it was Sophie E-B on 0.27m sales.

Sophie's sales

87 Murder On The Dancefloor – Sophie Ellis-Bextor 115,000
89 Get Over You / Move This Mountain – Sophie Ellis-Bextor 113,000

Kelly's sales

99 True Love Never Dies (re-issue) – Flip & Fill featuring Kelly Llorenna 103,000
132 Tell It To My Heart - Kelly Llorenna 82,000

Heart Of Gold didn't make the top 200 so sales less than 48,000

According to Alan Jones' end of year analysis in Music Week, on singles it was Sophie E-B on 0.27m sales.

Sophie's sales

87 Murder On The Dancefloor – Sophie Ellis-Bextor 115,000
89 Get Over You / Move This Mountain – Sophie Ellis-Bextor 113,000

Kelly's sales

99 True Love Never Dies (re-issue) – Flip & Fill featuring Kelly Llorenna 103,000
132 Tell It To My Heart - Kelly Llorenna 82,000

Heart Of Gold didn't make the top 200 so sales less than 48,000

How abou N-Trance’s Forever? That must put her over the top?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom