Eurovision 2023 News

Are you going?

• Total voters
Well quite frankly it’s about time London gets a taste of it‘s own medicine :tongueout:

The regions @ London

emma-stone-in-wells-for-boys.gif

Why is BRIGHTON not in the mix for UK host? No venue big enough?
It's higher in the odds than Bristol.

Mind you, our arena isn't even scheduled to be finished until 2024 so fuck knows why it's on the list at all.

A further statement from the EBU here. Not altogether sure they’ve struck the right tone here, but this is the detail they really should have discussed with UA:PBC before going public the first time around, rather than just ringing them 20 minutes before they put a statement out.

9E6900EA-25C9-419C-AF47-A4AD61C72F7B.jpeg

E3E4BC70-E9C0-4E23-AE07-6C8B2F566A00.jpeg

Of course Boris and Nadine won’t read that, so in real terms we’re no further on until UA:PBC accepts the decision, which they won’t because what have they got to lose at this stage?

Hosting it...in a war zone. Do these people EVER stop to listen to themselves?

I wonder if the BBC will throw the towel in at this rate?

Of course the government don't actually care either way, but the way they have clung to the war as the last vestige of their desperate attempt to cling to office, makes this approach wholly unsurprising.

Also, has the Ukrainian broadcaster / culture ministry even stopped to think how many delegations won't accept the risk of going to Kiev?

This is all SO unnecessary.

I still think this is largely theatre from the Ukrainian side. I suspect they'll keep grumbling but ultimately back down now that they've made their point.

A further statement from the EBU here. Not altogether sure they’ve struck the right tone here, but this is the detail they really should have discussed with UA:PBC before going public the first time around, rather than just ringing them 20 minutes before they put a statement out.

View attachment 11027
View attachment 11028
The tone in this stinks of westernism and privilege, did they really have to include no major international concert tours are visiting Ukraine in 2023 as a reason?
If I was Ukraine I would tell them to shove it up their asses.

Last edited:
I think that tweet is nonsense. This clearly isn’t a decision the EBU took lightly - its tone has been considered and respectful. Also, what is meant by ‘co-host’? Is the UA:PBC going to come to the UK to put up the lighting rig? The BBC has already stated that any contest it hosts will reflect Ukraine and it’s victory. I am struggling to see what else is desired, other than hosting in Kiev, which just isn’t going to happen. This needs a line drawn under it now.

i think that would be a good shout actually.

Is MK Stadium the same as MK Bowl? asking for a friend...

Shall we just have it at the O2 and be done with it? Makes sense!

#Londonforumnow

The Bristol arena isn't completed yet, and wasn't scheduled to be until 2024 :confused:

I'm seeing people compare it to Copenhagen hosting it in 2014.

It'll never happen. Quite exciting to see the bid announced at Pride though :D

I still think Brighton would be the perfect location, shame it doesn't have a venue for the capacity needed

Can we put a roof over Brighton racecourse? :D

i think that would be a good shout actually.

Is MK Stadium the same as MK Bowl? asking for a friend...

No. It’s a football stadium. Without a roof.

The Marshall Arena has a roof though.

Anyway as much as I’d love the bonkers idea of MK hosting Eurovision, our public transportation is fucking awful and it’s not a tourism city. I mean it has stuff but hosting Eurovision is always like a city being occupied and enjoyed. I just don’t get what people would do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom