EMERGENCY SYNC WATCH: Shadow In The Cloud (Tuesday 13 April, 8pm )

Are you on board?

• Total voters
I've not done a movie one of these before? Will there be a thread? I'm sure this is going to be APPPALLING considering that rating on IMDB and I'm going to be baffled as to why VOR is making us do this.

I will be watching when I get home - I’m really looking forward to it, you’ve rarely (if ever) steered me wrong

At 80 minutes It's probably SHORTER than some of the Tori Amos albums @Iguana has subjected you lot to recently, so I will not be taking on any criticisms if this doesn't go over well. :tisch:

I'm on dodgy public wi-fi so this won't download in time as I just started but will watch this at a later date as you've got me INTRIGUED!

Without giving too much away, based on the comments I've seen beneath the YouTube trailer (AGAIN, DO NOT WATCH IT) I think a lot of the low marks on IMDB have come from DISGRUNTLED STRAIGHT MEN.

It actually has 77% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Without giving too much away, based on the comments I've seen beneath the YouTube trailer (AGAIN, DO NOT WATCH IT) I think a lot of the low marks on IMDB have come from DISGRUNTLED STRAIGHT MEN.

It actually has 77% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Oh God. Is it the Ghostbusters remake effect? I HATE STRAIGHT MEN.

So as @Suomi knows, I can only watch movies if I break them down into 10% chunks, so I will be giving an exclusive update on my live feelings every 8 minutes.

So as @Suomi knows, I can only watch movies if I break them down into 10% chunks, so I will be giving an exclusive update on my live feelings every 8 minutes.
Britney Spears What GIF

Watch out for the random Stranger Things-esque synthwave soundtrack that distractingly runs through this movie, despite it being set in 1943. :D

It's kinda fab!

At 10%... Chapter 1: Dame On Board

So... interesting opening. Um... like... I wondered if I was even watching the right thing to start with.

(I thought she was doing a New Zealand accent to start with... :D But I think it is British now.)

It's quite... direct? And blatant?

At 20%... Chapter 2: The Crew

What the actual fuck with this dialogue?! Yes the men are trash, but it's just TERRIBLY written so far.

Those shots of the men as they were introduced :D Hilarious. Who thought that was a good idea... And 'Golliwog'... Jesus wept.

I hate to say it @VoR but it's not going too well for me yet... :D Terrible acting, terrible dialogue, terrible production and direction. Is this a 'So bad it's good?' situation?

Would there not be MASSIVE amounts of air coming through all those holes in the glass?

At 30%... Chapter 3: Out There

LOLling at her outburst at them all. But I think I'd have switched her off by now too.

I don't have much else to say about this 3rd chapter - she sighted these things 8 minutes ago and then they argued about it on the comms for a while.

OK I admit that was a talky section, but as you can see it is now KICKING OFF :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom