Drag Race France

Paloma is on another level. Grande Dame is a close second.

That lipsych though :greta: it was very uncomfortable and I wished they didn’t get the rights to this song. Very Yara Sofia season 3. It felt a bit gross watching them have breakdowns on stage.

I thought it was a very powerful lip-synch. The way the French girls rounded on Lolita, knowing full well that la Big Bertha was the least qualified to be there... And then when Soa started with the whole meuf ça fait douze ans que t'es là, arrête de jouer la carte de la petite étrangère qui ne comprend rien, it was giving me full-blown RN talking points.

The top 4 is incredibly strong and diverse:
  • Paloma in acting, comedy and creative runways
  • La Grande Dame giving one of the best seasons of looks across the entire franchise
  • Soa in performance, aspects of comedy and talking heads
  • Lolita for vulnerability, risk-taking and charisma
That being said, was Paloma's ad not just Jinkx's delusion trans-created into French?

The lipsync might have been uncomfortable to watch but it was still a very powerful lipsync. A MOMENT.

Glad Lolita got to stay. Bertha was done for a while now.

Not a fan of Soa’s attitude towards Lolita this week, it was basically casual xenophobia. The incident is also telling when it comes to how WHITE the production team is.

Yes, it was very problematic. The queens showed their asses where they demonstrated zero self-awareness of the experience of not being from the dominant culture. You would think they would know better being queer.

How do we say riga-morris in French because there was no way that La Grande Dame beat Lolita in the challenge or the lip-synch. Let's call this what it really is: they wanted a Mexican queen for a bit of exoticism, but they didn't want one in the FINAL, where everything had to be 100% français. Next.

Performance wise throughout the season, I’d say it was neck-and-neck between the two for a spot in the final. Grande Dame does have that snatch game win and is obviously more polished so I’m not mad.

It could only be Palo, even if she was the worst at this week's challenge.

I thought they all showed up and showed out.

Probably one of the best seasons of Drag Race in years.

Caught up with the 2 last episodes. Deserved winner, she killed the final lipsync and out of the 3 she’s the most polished and all rounded.

I found a lot of language around Lolita made me uncomfortable.

Also caught up with the last two episodes. I feel like poor Lolita was the best in the make over challenge and they should have let all four to the finale (also paging @Jark regarding Paloma’s Irma Vep/Musidora runway look :disco: ).

But I’d say it’s been obvious for some time that these three would make it to the finale. All very competent queens and it’s hard not to fall in love with all of them, but Paloma was always a couple of steps ahead. What a queen!

And I have to say Nicky has been a delightful host, I think she did very well.

Finally got round to watching season one of this and my gosh it’s good!! Excellent queens. The Big Bertha elimination episode was so so emotive. Wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom