Disney+

KindaCool

Footsteps are following me
I think this is coming to Europe early next year? Anyone thinking of subscribing?

I got it last week and it's quite good. Apart from the obvious Disney/princess/fairytale stuff, there are lots of original shows coming out, especially in the Marvel and Star Wars universes.

Strangely enough, there are barely an X-Men stuff though. I hope they put them up soon.

Not my bag at all, but in general I'm thinking of reducing the number of subscriptions I have, not increasing them.

I've been watching The Mandalorian (through other means), it's quite good.

Strangely enough, there are barely an X-Men stuff though. I hope they put them up soon.

It’s not really that strange since they were from a different studio but they are going up at some point with the Fox buy-out.

The animated series are already on there.

The constantly-delayed New Mutants film is DEFINITELY getting bunged on there instead of getting a theatrical release, isn't it :D/:(

It will never happen.

They have nothing beyond a bunch of crap movies and The Mandolrian. Nothing else worthy is coming out till next year.

Disney+ Star now all available. I think there are already some teething issues as it seems to have Deadpool 2 but not Deadpool and Die Hard 2-5 but not Die Hard.

Anyway, what is everyone most looking forward to?

I'm sure I read somewhere that Deadpool 1 is still under a contract with one of the other streaming services in the UK - I think there will be a few things where Disney will just wait for the current agreements to lapse, rather than pushing to break contracts.

Oh that makes sense. It’s not like I need to watch Die Hard for the 500th time anyway and already own it. Just thought it was weird.

Reactions: COB
I know it's been back in the news for all the wrong reasons lately, but I might not be able to resist doing a Buffy rewatch :eyes:

OH, I just looked it up and apparently they're using the same shitty HD remaster as previous streaming services have had :( I was hoping they'd as least give us an option, like they did for The Simpsons.

Il looking forward to seeing Up Close and Personal for the first time in years. It was available to rent for 48hrs on all digital services but never had the option to buy for some reason.

Quite a few obscure Star Wars bits and bobs being added at the start of April:

Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars series is a particular treat, and has been quite difficult to get hold of in the past few years. The Boba Fett thing is also the first time Lucasfilm have ever released ANYTHING from the Holiday Special officially :D

The Deadpool 2 on Disney+ has several edits according to Mr F.

I'm rewatching Ugly Betty and The X Files, although X Files is also in my Prime watchlist too.

Well I mostly liked turner
43FF8E5B-0066-4A73-BAD6-4726B4AE0AE4.jpeg

OH is THAT why I had an email today saying the subscription fee was going up by £20? :evil:

I am in the middle of watching the whole run of Golden Girls, almost done with season 2, when my sister ENDS her subscription :oi:

needless to say I am taking legal action to have her REMOVED from the family

They’ve finally started adding the FX shows so I’m sticking with it for those. But the new content is lacking especially compared to HBO

They’ve finally started adding the FX shows so I’m sticking with it for those. But the new content is lacking especially compared to HBO
In the UK we’re getting all the Hulu content on Disney+ instead. HBO things tend to go to Sky.

Some of the Hulu stuff ends up on Disney+ here but some go to Prime (I’m guessing they had a preexisting deal) but D+ have buffed their library a lot since the new year.

I think it's so weird that there are bus stop ads for Pam & Tommy with the Disney logo at the bottom

The Marvel TV shows originally made to be shown on Netflix have been added to Disney+ this week (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Defenders and The Punisher) :shock:

Last edited:
Later this week we're apparently getting the complete series of Alien movies on there, currently they only have Aliens and Prometheus. I was actually wondering if that would be a good series to do a loose watchalong(/hatewatchalong for the later ones) thread for, similar to Diddy's Ghibli threads - I'd be up for it if nobody else is :eyes:

I'm going to restart my subscription for a month as there's a few things I want to catch up on (not the Marvel TV shows).

I've had them on mine for over two weeks now and parents are UP IN ARMS! Escandalo!

• Wow
apparently, Daredevil (which I never watched) is rated for adults only, hence why they're boycotting (??)

I hope they add all the Terminator movies next, I think they only have Dark Fate here which really is NOT IT.

apparently, Daredevil (which I never watched) is rated for adults only, hence why they're boycotting (??)
Oh yes, I believe in the Americas these are the first things on D+ above a particular age rating - here we have the Star thing that you have to opt into (that has a lot of Fox/Hulu things) so I forgot it's not the same everywhere :o

I just want more of the old 20th Century Fox films to be added. They’re slowly adding more every few weeks. I’d be shocked if the Porky’s films ever turn up though :D

Oh yes, I believe in the Americas these are the first things on D+ above a particular age rating - here we have the Star thing that you have to opt into (that has a lot of Fox/Hulu things) so I forgot it's not the same everywhere :o

We have Star too, they made a big hoopla last year with the Fox name change. Other than the Simpsons, if you're still a fan and the odd movie it just seems so POINTLESS. (see also: Paramount).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom