Dido - Still On My Mind (Boring 5th Studio Album)

I never listened to the whole R Plus album (at first it was R+D - did she record six songs and then decide she couldn't be bothered? :D) - anyway that's remedied now and I think I like it more than Still On My Mind to be honest.

I have quite enjoyed the remixes of My Boy that we've been drip fed over recent months.

Stoned is a really transcendent quiet storm of a song. A lot of love for it. Probably her best work outside of No Angel.

My Boy and Together continue to thrill too.

That album was released at a time in my life when I was battling some personal demons and my career was also going in a bit of a non-direction and I just remember walking up and down the streets of Edinburgh in the bitter cold listening to Life for Rent and feeling myself some kind of way. 'Stoned', 'See you When you're 40' and 'Mary's in India' were quite something at the time for me :manson: ..

Thankfully I discovered Bowie shortly afterwards and I wasn't so bored anymore.

I seem to remember some fabulous 'Stoned' remixes - not sure if they were official or not...

Last edited:
Now on REPEAT PLAY. I’m loving the scenario of not being able to remember where you live, even if it isn’t necessarily meant literally :disco:

Also, what is it about G Major which is so fabulously mournful?

I had a moment to it this morning too. Friends really is a lovely ambient banger, although nowhere dull enough to satisfy the PURISTS

the title track takes me places too

for some reason I thought her voice had lost quite a bit of power, but I'm watching a Radio 2 concert she did last year for Still On My Mind and she sounds incredible - super full voiced belting on Hunter for example. I think she doesn't sing on record in that voice much anymore but it's nice to know she's still CAPABLE and if she tours again I reckon I'll BE THERE

(includes My Boy from the R Plus album at 43:00 for fans of Dido being boring over a dance beat :disco:)

Not sure if we have an R+ thread? They've done a lovely cover of Will Love Tear Us Apart. And for a few hot moments I was convinced it was feat. AMELIA LILY :disco:

My Dido Top 10

1. Hunter
2. Here With Me
3. Stoned
4. White Flag
5. Some Kind of Love
6. Take You Home
7. Isobel
8. Still On My Mind
9. Take My Hand
10. Don't Think Of Me

you were THERE