Dido - Still On My Mind (Boring 5th Studio Album)

OutSynk

Nexus Being
That's right.:disco:

BMG has signed Dido ahead of the release of her fifth studio album in early 2019.

Dido-Mgmt-BMG-800x.jpg

The British artist’s previous long-standing record deal was with Sony Music.

Over the course of a 20-year career, Dido has sold more than 30 million albums, the first of which were two of the biggest-sellers of all time.

The new album will be released worldwide by BMG. Dido co-wrote and co-produced it with her brother and fellow BMG artist Rollo Armstrong of Faithless.

BMG UK President Repertoire & Marketing Alistair Norbury said: “We are thrilled to partner with Dido for her new album.

“She is the quintessential BMG artist; an international icon who is returning after five years with an outstanding record.

“Dido has the rare ability to combine an art sensibility and a distinctive viewpoint on contemporary issues with infectious melodies which touch millions.

“Her new album will be one of the music highlights of 2019.”

Dido said: “I couldn’t be happier to sign to BMG, their enthusiasm and passion for the record was evident from day one.”

Dido recorded her first demos in 1995, before making tracks with Rollo and Faithless.

Her debut album Life For Rent (1999) has sold more than 22m copies worldwide, reaching No.1 in eight countries, including the UK and France, and No.2 on the US Billboard 200.

It featured the single, ‘Thank You’, which was sampled in the worldwide No.1 hit ‘Stan’ by Eminem.

Dido’s second album, Life For Rent, was released in 2003 sold over 12m copies globally. It spawned the worldwide hit and Ivor Novello award-winning single ‘White Flag’.

Her following albums Safe Trip Home (2008) and Girl Who Got Away (2014) featured collaborations with Brian Eno, A.R. Rahman and Kendrick Lamar.

I haven’t been this excited since the ENYA announcement. :disco:

The last album was actually very good.

Gracious! I thought she’d jacked it all in!

I truly fucking love ‘White Flag’ with no shame whatsoever :disco:

She was definitely back on track with "Girl Who Got Away". I could never get into "Safe Trip Home" aside from "Northern Skies".

"Life for Rent" is truly one of my favorite albums ever.

Can’t really deal with any of her proper albums but I do love the greatest hits with REMIX DISC

I never even bothered with any of that last album but ‘End Of Night’ suggests that it might be worth splashing out 92p (plus P&P) on Amazon for the hopefully hot goods

Great fact checking on that article! I loved her first few albums, Life for Rent and Life for Rent!

I was totally obsessed with the first two anyway, and didn’t really get into the third. I didn’t realise there WAS a fourth, I’ll give it a bash then.

Here for this, anyway! I know it sounds dreadful to say it, but I always liked HER, she just seemed like a normal person, and not a famous rich person desperate to show that she hasn’t changed. Sure she wasn’t that exciting but neither am I so who am I to judge?

Another Dido album in 20’ is amazing. Please be better than the last.

I wonder where she lives? I can’t imagine it’s a castle UNLIKE SOME and you might even be able to get near the front door

*turns up with curly sausage casserole and screams non-stop through the letterbox*

Her albums have such highs (mainly the singles), and I have been deeply disappointed since. Hunter regularly gets me on EDGE.

I wonder where she lives? I can’t imagine it’s a castle UNLIKE SOME and you might even be able to get near the front door

*turns up with curly sausage casserole and screams non-stop through the letterbox*

I’m imagining Miranda’s flat from the TV show Miranda

In between PIERCING SCREAMS I could also serenade her with my karaoke version of ‘White Flag’ in a GERMAN ACCENT

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what she’s doing right now.
Probably finishing up a Chinese takeaway, and watching something on Dave

I must google her husband. I always liked the previous one because he looked kind of FAT

Does anyone else associate her really strongly with Bridget Jones? I imagine her living like that no matter how rich she is

Apparently this was her LA HOME she was selling off ten years ago. (Presumably when the third album was FLOPPING so hard)

fa65c-dido_pics.jpg

I have fond memories of No Angel being my 1st year uni angst album, and everyone was into “chill out” at that time.

Second album had so much buzz I couldn’t handle it. And that was 2003/4 right? The total sweet spot of my uni life. My housemate classmate matemate who was reeeally into Kylie but still straight allegedly, liked her too. We called her Dildo though (with love)

Last edited:
Does anyone else associate her really strongly with Bridget Jones?

Oh, I do. In fact that association has always put me off. It’s all a bit BLOSSOM HILL OF AN EVENING and getting on your pets’ nerves by CONSTANTLY BLUBBING

Incidentally I have NO IDEA why we’re all thinking that she lives like LILY ALLEN. This is DIDO FLORIAN CLOUD DE BOUNEVIALLE O’MALLEY ARMSTRONG FFS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow @ No Angel being 20 years old btw

Death really is hurtling closer and closer each day for all of us
LIFE FOR RENT (FUNERAL EDITION)

White Flag (I Give Up)
(Tomb)Stoned
Life for Rent (Whilst Dead)
Mary's In Heaven
See You When You're Dead
Don't Leave Home (for Heaven)
Who Makes You Feel (Alive)
Sand In My Shoes (and Coffin)
Do You Have A Little Time (No)
This Land Was Mine
See the Sun (One Last Time)

I'm so sorry.

Well she did that Rufus Wainwright duet for the BJ2 soundtrack that was about mashed potato or something. Maybe that’s part of it?

She must have had something special about her, because Jem showed how fucking awful it could have been

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom