Dido - 'Hunter'

So let me go...

• Total voters
I love the debut as a whole, and its kind of sparse, dour soundscape, but these days I don't know if anything from it would make my Dido Florian Cloud de Bounevialle O'Malley Armstrong top 5.

nonetheless Hunter is a fantastic song and yes, her banshee adlibs in the final minute are quite fabulous.

She didn't quite turn into proper lettuce territory until the 2nd album to be honest. She could have gone the 'Take My Hand' route but, well, she didn't.

Her best for me. Haunting, dark and actually not lettuce-y at all.
Lettuce-y

1626037291967.gif

Aside from the two big hits, it was all about Slide and Honestly OK for me…
two of the least essential songs :D

Isobel, My Lover's Gone, Take My Hand (!)... incredible stuff.

Honestly OK is great you fucking philistines!

Last edited:
Honestly OK is great you fucking philistines!
Oh wait is that the one with the 'but I'm so lonely I don't even wanna be with myself anymore' line? Which is of course her best lyric. In which case yes it's one of her best.

Reactions: VoR
I found it very underwhelming at the time, but listening to it now for the first time since in more than a decade and it's gorgeous. I can't believe I hated it.

"Here With Me" is still her untouchable and unbothered masterpiece though.

If you were a king
Up there on your throne
Would you be wise enough
To let me go?
For this queen you think you own

Wants to be a hunter again
I want to see the world alone
Again

To take a chance on life again
So let me go

FACT: The 'Hunter' video with the two Didos inspired Black Swan. Here's a quote from Darren Aronofsky:

'It was that Dido video with the doppelgänger. Hunter, I think it was? I wanted to expand on that.'*

* I just made that up.

DIDO NoAngel : raté

10 Here With Me
11 Hunter
10 Don't Think Of Me
07 My Lover's Gone
07 All You Want
09 Thank You
09 Honestly OK
09 Slide
10 Isobel
06 I'm No Angel
07 My Life
09 Take My Hand

I do think that Here With Me, White Flag, and Sand In my Shoes are very pretty. I think my mother owned one of her albums but I don’t remember which one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom