Charlotte Day Wilson - I Don't Love You & Cyan Blue

untilted

massive attack inspired

Dropping Thursday. If you're not into CDW you need to GET into CDW! Her music blends multiple genres really so it feels a bit strange sticking her in the R&B forum but I suppose at the core this is where she belongs. I'm EXCITED. Based on the preview it sure seems there is reason to be!

Oh I am HERE FOR THIS. Obsessed with her. She’s like an R&B version of Lana.

Here’s my CDW TOP 5 for anyone who may not be overly familiar or may want a shortcut into getting into her.

5. STONE WOMAN

4. KEEP MOVING

3. MOUNTAINS

2. IF I COULD

1. WORK

Yay!

I love her so much I just want everyone to be a fan :D Do you listen to her much already @Jark ?
no! I only know Work and the Kaytranada song What You Need (a classic!). I think I did play the last project once or twice but nothing stuck... I'm open to a revisit though

no! I only know Work and the Kaytranada song What You Need (a classic!). I think I did play the last project once or twice but nothing stuck... I'm open to a revisit though
Oooh give it another go!

I will say I do think you need to be in the headspace because her music is quite introspective, but when it clicks it clicks.

Just love her voice.. so rich, soulful and warm.

Oh she needs to stop being so fucking amazing

Yeah the Kaytranada track is next level and she’s been on some other amazing collabs but I’m looking forward to getting back to a full album by her. Will be interesting to hear it because she’s so versatile.

She is sometimes quite experimental and the music isn’t always immediate but I agree that her voice makes you go back to it and the joy when the songs start to make sense… she’s one of the best singer songwriters for me right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom