Charli XCX - Crash

To this day I don't understand the difference between a mixtape and an album. It looks to me like a mixtape is just an album that doesn't count towards your contract.

Ok, now that I have accepted this album for what it is, rather than what I wanted it to be, it is actually quite good. But absolutely not her best.

1) No. 1 Angel
2) POP 2
(Vroom Vroom EP)
3) CHARLI
(XCX World)
4) Crash
5) How I'm Feeling Now
6) Sucker
7) True Romance

I'm in a similar space. it's mid-tier Charli. I feel a few of the tracks (Move Me, Constant Repeat, Every Rule) feel somewhat dated/even anonymous, despite not being bad songs. but they are missing a little Charli spice. there are little production tricks here and there, like the electric guitar, that songs from Number 1 Angel did infinitely better 5 years ago.

the singles and Yuck stand tall above the rest. Lightning, Crash and Twice are pretty good too. I always expect mixed bags from Charli albums so no surprises there!

ooh bonus tracks. I'm enjoying the album although it does feel a bit short.

rating HIFN above either Sucker or this is wrong :)

some hot insider intel about the deluxe tracks:

DELUXE out FRIDAY

13. Selfish Girl 3:14
"it's very pop, kinda raw and honest. it's about @Suedey"

15. Sorry if I Hurt You 2:41
"it's very electro, it's a response track from @Suedey"

16. What You Think About Me 3:04
"a bit like Miley's 7 Things, but more dated. it's about @Suedey"

14. How Can I Not Know What I Need Right Now 2:37
"this one is insane. very short but feels 5 minutes. it's actually about @Suedey"

so there you go!

DELUXE out FRIDAY

13. Selfish Girl 3:14
14. How Can I Not Know What I Need Right Now 2:37
15. Sorry if I Hurt You 2:41
16. What You Think About Me 3:04

On FRIDAY? She's confident about the #1 then and clearly doesn't want to plummet now the vinyl is pretty much sold out.

Well the deluxe tracks are broadly a step up from the main album.

What You Think About Me is the best kind of NONSENSE :disco:

Sorry I Hurt You and What You Think About Me are fabulous. Selfish Girl is quite good. the other one is an unnecessary Spinning rehash but nowhere near as good. overall a HOT DELUXE!

oh and she's #1 with 16.1k 😇 first top 10 album, first to open with more than 5k... congrats Charti.

Reactions: COB
Struggling to find somewhere I can purchase the 4 new songs but it looks like 7 Digital will do me them at £1.59 per FLAC file.

Ooft.

Number 7 in the US!
with 31.5k! a lovely surprise. she also made #1 Australia. :disco:

in this week's movers and shakers, Constant Repeat has grown off me but Move Me is creeping up. having initially thought it was basic I'm TOTALLY ADDICTED to Used to Know Me. and also wondering if New Shapes, rather than Good Ones, is in fact the best song here. Sorry If I Hurt You also should've been like, track two on the main tracklist.

Used to Know Me video

a total serve. the budget! she's all in her big pop girl bag right now and I love it. the song has really crept up on me too. the bridge in particular (held me down, tied me up inside a cage) is pure crack.

God I love her so much

And yes I think CRASH is now my number 1 Charli album .

I just cried to MOve Me (red marble vinyl edition)

Last edited:
Move Me...
cat kitty GIF
The above opinion STILL stands :disco:

God I love her so much

And yes I think CRASH is now my number 1 Charli album.
I haven't been spending much time with it, but I have abused the singles. for me she's rarely a whole album gal so no problem taking the BANGERS and RUNNING!

A friend saw her live in Chicago last Friday and judging by his instastories she was miming pretty much everything :confused: some bits sounded live over a backing track but, my GOD she was jumping all over the stage and serving major choreography so all is forgiven.

in fairly unbelievable (but true!) news...

Charli and Jack Antonoff are making an original soundtrack for an A24 popstar movie called Mother Mary, starring Anne Hathaway. what kind of gay fever dream?! :disco: title of mother RELINQUISHED from Meghan Trainor!

she's also in the studio with AG Cook and Ava Max gay smasha-producer Cirkut, but unclear if that's for her own material or this.

• Love
Reactions: GNL
in fairly unbelievable (but true!) news...

Charli and Jack Antonoff are making an original soundtrack for an A24 popstar movie called Mother Mary, starring Anne Hathaway. what kind of gay fever dream?! :disco: title of mother RELINQUISHED from Meghan Trainor!

she's also in the studio with AG Cook and Ava Max gay smasha-producer Cirkut, but unclear if that's for her own material or this.

Vox Lux found ROTTING.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom