Charli XCX - Crash

Tracklisting revealed

FNblP0DVUAMyn5m.jpeg

tracklist has been out ages so that's an oddly timed "reveal" :eyes:

Used To Know Me (which samples Robin S) is the final "single" coming on album day. before then we get Every Rule on Monday which is supposedly a love song about her relationship with Huck, which has since ended. ready for an emotional cut!

here's my singles RANKETTE

10 Good Ones
10 New Shapes
09.5 Beg For You
08.5 Baby

I'm really very excited for this record. I'm well in the mood to enter Charli MAD STAN MODE again :disco:

it'll be just like Suedey stanning Madonna, except that my queen actually charts :disco:

it'll be just like Suedey stanning Madonna, except that my queen actually charts :disco:
Not that I would ever pit Strong Independent Females again each other (plus I stan Charli as well) but Madonna actually has 3 million more monthly listeners on Spotify.

Get it right hun.

darling, Bebe Rexha has 3m more than Madonna... :eyes: that figure is nonsense

but yes, there is room for everybody (to worship charli xcx)
I can't wait for the QUEEN to come back and save us all and by that I mean I can't wait to recreate the CRASH album covahhhhh

here's my singles RANKETTE

10 Good Ones
10 New Shapes
09.5 Beg For You
08.5 Baby

I'm really very excited for this record. I'm well in the mood to enter Charli MAD STAN MODE again :disco:

10 Good Ones
17 New Shapes
8 Beg For You
8.2 Baby

not too bad tbh

10 Good Ones
06 New Shapes (where is the chorus?)
07 Beg For You (bonus point for the 2 steppery of it all but i'll take the original over this anytime)
08 Baby

OK time for a modified rankings of the Queen's albums / EPs etc.

1. POP 2
2. Vroom Vroom
3. CHARLI
4. True Romance
5. Sucker
6. No. 1 Angel MIXTAPE
7. How I'm Feeling NOW

I think CRASH will be top 4.

OK time for a modified rankings of the Queen's albums / EPs etc.

1. POP 2
2. Vroom Vroom
3. CHARLI
4. True Romance
5. Sucker
6. No. 1 Angel MIXTAPE
7. How I'm Feeling NOW

I think CRASH will be top 4.
01. True Romance
02. Sucker
03. Number 1 Angel
04. Pop2
05. Charli
06. How I'm Feeling Now

I'm expecting top 4 with a bullet for Crash also!

01. True Romance
02. Sucker
03. Number 1 Angel
04. Pop2
05. Charli
06. How I'm Feeling Now

I'm expecting top 4 with a bullet for Crash also!

So...you feel she's just got steadily worse?

So...you feel she's just got steadily worse?
I actually just clocked now that my list is chronological / discography order.

I wouldn't say that, no. True Romance is a super special album, I don't expect her to top it. and likewise I'm a big fan of the general sound of Sucker. I don't think she's made an album since Sucker that's great front to back, but they usually have plenty of highlights. I just felt both Charli and HIFN were watered down and overall a bit beige.

ok I caved and listened to most of the album. Yuck is smooth as fuck. Used to Know Me is a touch basic but definitely BANGS! a few others I was less impressed with.

i've been around since the early days but i can't say i'm crazy about any of her albums as much as the singles.

01 you're the one
02 1999
03 good ones
04 boys
05 cross you out
06 i'll never know
07 need ur love
08 nuclear seasons
09 what i like
10 body of my own

almost: boom clap, doing it, 5 in the morning

I bought True Romance when it came out because I thought "Nuclear Seasons" was an absolute banger, which it was and, indeed, remains. For me, it;s all about the Pop 2/Vroom Vroom/Charli period for the moment. I just didn't get into HIFN but I am well keen to get into Crash next week - I've not spent too much time with the singles because I find knowing a few tracks too well unbalances an album - YES I KNOW, I'M OLD, LEAVE ME ALONE.

I just felt both Charli and HIFN were watered down and overall a bit beige.
Shocked re: "Charli" which I love from end to end. But then, I like soppy stuff like Official as much as I like doomy industrial clatter like 2099.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom