Caroline Flack DEAD

I just started laughing at my Flack/ Harry/ Diana confusion, as they were referring to Flack self harming. Mr Ag thinks I'm SICK.

Did we ever hear this?

Basically...

There was a demonstrable uptick in jingoism that followed due to the backlash against the monarchy. This was ramped up further over the Millenium and the rampant flag-shagging that took place over the "celebrations" watered the seed.
The year 2000 had been culturally totemic since the '50s. When it arrived, people didn;t really know what to do - no flying cars, no living on the moon...the future, it turned out, was disappointing. The Western world suffered a loss of confidence and a blame culture developed alongside a look-back culture which fostered a "remember the good ol' days?" mentality which soon became toxic rather than blithely nostalgic.
What happened from 2008 to 2016 was essentially a mass weaponising of both of these elements, something that was very easily done due to Britain's post-Empire anxiety and its general history pf both racism and "splendid isolation".

That's the short version.

Basically...

There was a demonstrable uptick in jingoism that followed due to the backlash against the monarchy. This was ramped up further over the Millenium and the rampant flag-shagging that took place over the "celebrations" watered the seed.
The year 2000 had been culturally totemic since the '50s. When it arrived, people didn;t really know what to do - no flying cars, no living on the moon...the future, it turned out, was disappointing. The Western world suffered a loss of confidence and a blame culture developed alongside a look-back culture which fostered a "remember the good ol' days?" mentality which soon became toxic rather than blithely nostalgic.
What happened from 2008 to 2016 was essentially a mass weaponising of both of these elements, something that was very easily done due to Britain's post-Empire anxiety and its general history pf both racism and "splendid isolation".

That's the short version.
Historicaly there's a wealth of stuff that ultimately watered the ground, where Brexit grew. This video is a great mini analysis of what led to Brexit (featuring one of my History professors)

Not sure whether it was Diana, but something certainly changed in the UK around that time. Adam Curtis points to Blair's globalism, as a turning point.

You could just as easily say the weather on the day of the vote, had an effect as much as any of the historical circumstances.

Either way RIP Flack.

Historicaly there's a wealth of stuff that ultimately watered the ground, where Brexit grew.

Well, this is what I mean by Britain having a very long isolationist history. It fuels and fosters the country's racism which can very easily go from bubbling under the surface to right at the very top of the political agenda with very little prompting.

But you're right - chaos theory always applies. If it rains heavily in enough of the nation, our entire political landscape can change.

No wonder he wasn't named in the documentary, and only shown from the back in one shot...

from his ig caption

I'm safe and very sound of mind. No body has to worry about me. I know what I'm doing!!!!! I won't kill myself, I don't feel suicidal. I'm just sad. I hope that's okay.

Prison
Bankruptcy
Death
Spiders

Out of the 4 about, which do you think I'm most scared of???

?

Time and place DW

:(

• Sad
Reactions: dUb
Andrew has had a bit of a manic episode on Instagram over the last 24 hours or so. His current story is intense and seemingly he was arrested while on Instagram Live earlier today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom