Canada's Drag Race Season 2 Discussion

Also I wanted them to just let Icesis break the rules and do her full ten-hour set at the roast, she was very funny!

I do think it might say something about BLH and her personality that all the queens were using the same two jokes (face doesn't move/Snatch Game bad) to roast her :tongueout:

Very bizarre, but I loved how uncomfortable it made everyone. :D I'll take somebody going super weird over just giving up and walking off.

Also WTF was the song choice?!

The Roast itself was meh. Nobody was Utica-bad but nobody was particularly great either. Good for Kendall finally having a moment I guess, though I can't help wondering if Synthia would have had a good week on this.

That lipsync was extremely uncomfortable :D but honestly what the fuck was that song.

I still love Kimora and I wish she’d have stayed over Gia but not with that performance. I would have put Audriana in the bottom over her.

Icesis is the clear winner for me.

Just finished the roast: what an odd decision to wrap up the only truly competent routine, I hope the producer gets pulled aside for that one. Adriana's unsteady survival was oddly compelling.

I'm glad Kendall Gender stayed last week, she's easily a staple of the season for me.

Adriana out of drag doesn't do anything for me until he gets an ultra close up, at which point he gets quite stunning.

Kendall's runway looks like a runaway toilet roll. She's very lucky to have been good as this is a bad look.

Kimora is serving a repeat, it's basically a Maleficent version of the Deborah Cox pride thing. I actually don't get why she dropped the jokes and just became super blunt as she seemed natural otherwise.

Pythia is starting to feel tedious. I'm definitely cooling off her.

Icesis won both main events, but the actual drag wasn't exciting me from anyone this week.

Giametric looked comparatively very good, but it's something I could see on anyone and she lacks her own iconography.

Oh dear, the poor thing has lost it. I hope she takes it easy and doesn't get quicksanded by this online.

I'm a few episodes behind on this (messy icon Eve just got eliminated RIP :( ), and this season seems to have a WEIRD QUIRK where all the remaining queens are really strong talent-wise, but I'm not really seeing a BREAK OUT STAR in the same way that season 1 delivered personalities like Priyanka, Lemon and Jimbo.

Icesis is my fave, but that all-gold HELMET runway was SO MESSY and ugly :D

I'll also say, for somebody who was portrayed on the show as a messy agent of chaos, Eve 6000 had generally super polished runways. I feel the show underestimated her a bit in that regard, as it didn't really fit the regular character troupe.

I enjoyed this makeover episode more than most. The runways are still placeholderish for me, but all queens seemed to make a big effort with their partners and I was really happy to see these kids get a moment like this.

Not got to the bottoms yet, but where Icecis has went wrong is not making the red dress somehow scream Bob Mackie in the way the blue number did. Even the judge's commentary about fire and ice would have been another perfect option.

Kendall's flintstone stage mother made no sense to me, but I enjoyed their acting along with the Peg Bundy one the most (shame the daughter wasn't more influenced by Cristina Applegate). Pythia's partner was adorable and they were another partnership that hit this aspect out the park.

Now DRUK has finally finished, I've FINALLY caught up, right before the end :D

Sad that Adriana's gone, I thought that could've been a double save after a lovely positive episode - can you even imagine Ru doing this?
The live friends & family chats were lovely, the concept of the makeover challenge was great, one of the kids was really hot and now I feel bad - are they 18 at prom? No, don't tell me

I like the presenting team a lot more this time. Brad has settled in more, and they can disagree with each other without fake drama. I'd say Tracy is a good guest judge but doesn't really have anything to say about what's going on. Amanda though is so charismatic - I'm actually actively looking forward to Amanda weeks, something I never really did with the other rotating judges on UK and US (in fact I was looking forward to the non-Graham weeks on UK).

But yeah, they're a good gang. Kendall MUST be due to leave now, right?
I guess Iceis has/had the strongest record, but I sort of want Pythia to win because they're so nice, and the looks are there. Gia is also there.

There's no way Iceis deserved to be in the bottom for those looks!

Also Pythia's daughter's look was horrendous.

I don’t think they had a problem with the looks though, right?

I know they use the “family resemblance” line in DRUS to basically force whatever result they like for story, but in this case I agree that there was zero connection between the two

Still looked lovely though

I think they were in a slightly tricky position because they obviously didn't want to criticise the teens' looks, so ended up doing nitpicky judging based on other stuff. That's how it felt to me at least!

Lovely episode though, Pythia and Apollo were a proper JOY (both on and off the runway) and Ruby Couture feels like she could eventually become the first makeover guest to cross over to being a contestant once she's old enough - rather her than Nebraska, at any rate :tongueout:

I liked this take on the make over challenge and thought they were grouped well together. I kind of wanted to Kendall to win because they really clicked and looked alike.

Having said that, I’m really struggling with this season, it’s probably my least favourite of all drag race seasons. The queens aren’t that exciting (don’t get me started on Gia :zombie: ) and everything comes off as way too scripted, especially whatever the judges say.

Pythia. Or PyTHEEa was giving me such Dee Snider Twisted Sister vibes in that lip sync

2B22E964-6189-4D45-A2EF-A842B61AC625.jpeg

It was so weird having a reunion take place during the main filming for the season, usually the fun is that the cast have been watching the episodes and enjoying the fame a bit. Still, it was lovely seeing them and Suki was a very well deserved Miss Congeniality. Also loved Stephanie giving it to the girls even if her reads were mostly complete nonsense (and Eve shouting "c'mon clarification" after one of them) :disco:

The lipsyncs were enjoyable, but Icesis really did DEMOLISH Pythia in their one - what a powerhouse! I came to enjoy Gia throughout the season (far more than I thought I would back in the first episode), but I don't think she'll be missed in the finale.

Belated, but Isis not winning the stand up because she was TOO FUNNY that she overran was total BS :D Fair enough if she was bombing, but that was a roast masterclass. Somewhat a little annoyed they didn't let her finish the routine as it was absolutely one of the best I've seen on any of these show franchises.

Pythia has the runways, but Isis the absolute STAR of the season for me. It feels like she should be in the same drag family as one of my USA drag race faves AJA.

Also I've only been half-watching a lot of these episodes, but why does everybody seem to hate Gia Metric? :D
I find KENDALL GENDER far more offensive personally.

This season really could have done with keeping some of the more interesting queens from the start and eliminating the likes of Kendall and Adriana much earlier so the batch of queens towards the end aren't all so SIMILAR in their drag genre tbh.

A consistent runway, sure, but even vomit has a consistency. Only Pythia (and her borderline cosplay) and Icecis seem to wear things that you couldn't give to someone else and not even notice.

Icesis being the bottom for the makeover when her daughter looked like THAT is one of the biggest loads of bullshit I've ever seen on a Drag Race show :D
The makeover look was stunning - better than most queens look when actually cast on the show :D

I'm firmly obsessed with Icesis at this point. :hostage: What a QUEEN!
And she's totally Carmen Farala-ing this season even if the judges won't give her her FLOWERS! :UncomfortableQuestion:

Omg, Can, WTF? I could not bareback another moment of the reunion (I got halfway through), so went straight to the final and 4 had went down to 3. Oh well, back to this amazing reunion!

Not a fan of Born Naked. One of Ru's many fetches. I suppose it has a vague, tiny Pat Benetar / Patty Smyth vibe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom