Canada's Drag Race Season 2 Discussion

Apparently Eve 6000 used to post on Reddit and was just as messy as she is on the show :D

Can someone merge this thread with this

And just call it Canada Drag Race Season 2 Discussion

I don’t think I want to start a thread every week

Anyway, another solid episode. I’m loving the cast.

i’m bummed Stephanie’s gone, she totally won the lipsync and is a much more interesting queen.

The movie wasn’t bad by Drag Race standards but my god it went on forever. It just wouldn’t end.

Audriana is a sweetheart but she wasn’t good in the challenge. The runway was a serve.

Still loving Eve and Suki.

Reactions: COB
Could we have “Canada’s” rather than “Canada” in the title?

Reactions: dUb
Apparently this is being dumped on iPlayer in one go in December.

OMG that challenge? Was anybody ANYWHERE watching it all the way through intently? :D
I just totally zoned out and googled whether Fefe Dobson really IS all that famous in Canada still (apparently she's not, no wonder she had all day to sit through their endless rehearsals :basil: )

Didn't Canada do this last year also with the HIDEOUS and ENDLESS suffragette acting challenge..?

Anyway, again beautiful runway, wonderful runway. Pythia AGAIN was stunning, as were several others who I can't remember the names of. I couldn't tell you who did well in the challenge or not as I really didn't care :basil:

Reactions: VoR
Fefe getting so emotional at some drag queens doing a passable take on one of her songs was probably a sign that she hasn’t exactly been basking in the roar of the crowd since 2004. :(

Speaking of, what was that weird cut of Synthia FLINGING SOMETHING towards Stephanie mid-song? From Handmaid lady’s cringing reaction I thought we were headed for another ”Drag is NOT a contact sport!” moment. NEVER ADDRESSED!

Fefe getting so emotional at some drag queens doing a passable take on one of her songs was probably a sign that she hasn’t exactly been basking in the roar of the crowd since 2004. :(

Speaking of, what was that weird cut of Synthia FLINGING SOMETHING towards Stephanie mid-song? From Handmaid lady’s cringing reaction I thought we were headed for another ”Drag is NOT a contact sport!” moment. NEVER ADDRESSED!

I doubt she threw it with the intention of murdering Stephanie :D a producer or safety person probably yelled at her later.

The Fefe Dobson Ghost song really was a tuneless, repetitive RACKET :D I'd be throwing things TOO!
The queens themselves looked a bit BORED by the end of the lipsync.

She's no Stacie, but I quite like Amanda Brugel as a judge...but Brooke Lynn needs to watch out, she CLEARLY thinks it's Amanda Brugel's Drag Race :D

I'm also fine with the one that got eliminated leaving, this herd really needs to be SLIMMED DOWN and she was clear filler.

Does Amanda have insane cheek implants or is it a trick of the light? I haven't watched Handmaid's Tale but that doesn't seem in keeping with what I know about the world it's set in :o

Another favorite went home :( but her snatch game performance was abysmal.

Solid snatch game and good reads. This is hitting all the right notes for a great season 2.

I really enjoyed Iceis’ Veneno, it was so OTT and stupid. It made me laugh every time.

Yoko Ono as a choice had so much potential, but yeah it just didn't go there. That character needs somebody with Katya style commitment to weirdness to really pull it off.

Loved Suki's attitude though, she seems lovely and super fun.

Deserved win for Synthia, I rolled my eyes at the prospect of another 'Rachel Zoe speaks like a robot', but unlike the previous attempts she really managed to find levels and funny beats in it.

What the hell happened with that Kidz Bop re-recording of Happiness as a lip sync song?! :D I wonder if they had trouble with the rights post-recording and the queens were lip syncing to Alexis Jordan, because the hard edit where the artist name wasn't mentioned was VERY odd.

Of all the people to turn them down as well! It's not like she couldn't use the exposure!

Also, how nice was it to watch a Snatch Game where the host of the show doesn't spend the entire workroom walkaround undermining everybody's choices and/or fake-screaming at unfunny bits?

It’s just so much better without Rupaul there if I’m honest. Same reason I enjoyed Espana.

Reactions: VoR
That said, not a Snatch Game for the ages. And why the fuck did they keep that Eve bitch again? Get rid already.

Suki was so graceful, I loved that attitude and loved watching her. It was too early for her to go.

I wanted them both to stay, Suki was so lovely and charming but CHAOS QUEEN Eve definitely has to hang around a while longer :D

Nothing on the girl group challenge?

I thought the song was pretty good by Drag Race standards, although as always it felt a bit much to hear the whole thing twice.

A bit sad to see messy Eve go, but she'd clearly run out of road and Synthia absolutely doesn't deserve to leave yet. She was clearly dragged down by Eve's lack of dance talent/enthusiasm, but I do worry her basic runways might be her undoing.

Bif Naked(?) seemed lovely as well, and her song was surprisingly energetic considering how softly spoken she was.

I’m not enjoying this season at all. It’s boring and I don’t really find any of the queens interesting. Even Holland S2 had more to it than this.

I especially can’t stand Gia Metric.

I'm struggling maintaining interest in UK S3. This can wait until that's over, and this lands on iPlayer. Then I can have it as a festive treat, alongside the Holi-Slay Spectacular :eyes:

Nothing on the girl group challenge?

I thought the song was pretty good by Drag Race standards, although as always it felt a bit much to hear the whole thing twice.

A bit sad to see messy Eve go, but she'd clearly run out of road and Synthia absolutely doesn't deserve to leave yet. She was clearly dragged down by Eve's lack of dance talent/enthusiasm, but I do worry her basic runways might be her undoing.

Bif Naked(?) seemed lovely as well, and her song was surprisingly energetic considering how softly spoken she was.
I thought this was a Kendall’s time to sashay. She gives me nothing. At least Eve brings the drama.

I'll definitely miss the delusion and drama of Eve. But credit where it's due to Canada's producers - they know they can only get away with rescuing the character from deserved elimination for so long.

I honestly found Eve's grumpiness more relatable than I should probably admit :D When she told Suki last week that she wasn't looking for a pep talk because she just wanted to COMPLAIN :disco:

Also love peering into the parallel universe (Canada) where Bif Naked is a huge star and not just someone I remember performing at The Bronze on an episode of Buffy twenty years ago.

Also love peering into the parallel universe (Canada) where Bif Naked is a huge star and not just someone I remember performing at The Bronze on an episode of Buffy twenty years ago.

THAT'S where I know the name!

Reactions: COB
I just caught up with the Snatch Game episode which certainly...happened. A really rather poor showing all round, including by Brook Lynne also as the host who felt like a poor RuPaul cosplay. It all felt rather OFF.

That said I unexpectedly loved Eve 6000's Matrix runway however she should have gone home, the potentially rather iconic Suki Doll clearly had more to show. The Josephine Baker/Deborah Cox runway was stunning too.

Kendell Gender might be one of the WORST DRAG NAMES EVER!

"Ladies. We asked you to prepare a lip sync performance for Heaven by DJ Sammy" :D:D:D

Sad for Synthia, but she totally missed the assignment and her lip sync was quite half hearted. It kind of felt like she was content to hand it to rubbish Kendall, whose facial expressions were really quite alarming, but she was certainly working that cape.

Kimora's slavery runway was certainly a moment!

Reactions: dUb
I had Synthia down as a finalist so it’s a shame to see her go

Last edited:
Synthia’s lipsync was very white girl dancing. I struggle with Kendall in general, the looks are just never there.

At this point Iceis is definitely a finalist. Hopefully with Pithia and Kimora (Who’s drag isn’t terribly polished but is a great narrator).

Yes, that would be a fantastic top three - I could see Gia slip in there though, and to be fair she's had some fantastic moments so I wouldn't mind (I loved her sloth look this week). I'm definitely TEAM PYTHIA though, in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom