Canada's Drag Race Season 2 Discussion

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him
Good opener. The queens have potential and you already have some established relationships.

Immediate favorites are Suki and Stephanie. They both look excellent and give great talking heads.

Eve crying in the back was hilarious and then a close with not a tear down her face.

Meh lipsync but Beth barely moved.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a cute opener. Not sure it will capture the crunchy magic of season 1 but it was fun.
The cast mainly feels a lot more seasoned than DRUK season 3, and there's at least 3/4 queens that are clearly quite strong.

Beth looked like Briana Gunvalson IN drag, and acted like a xanex-ed out of her mind reunion-mode VICKI Gunvalson on the show :D How was she even cast in the first place? :D She seemed so out for her depth. Suki Doll and the one that won are initial faves.

Glad they've eased Brook Lynne more into the RuPaul role too, as it just makes everything SIMPLER for ALL :D

Canada doesn't have much luck with the male judges though does it? I found the new one almost as obnoxious as Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman.
Stacie was of course VERY MISSED, probably my favourite Drag Race judge of ANY franchise.

I really enjoyed this! It felt like very classic Drag Race with the old school challenges.

Océane Aqua-Black may be one of the most busted queens the show has ever seen but I was SO HAPPY she was safe. :D

Beth definitely the right one to go. Sweet girl but 100% out of her depth. The lip sync moment where she lay down for the middle eight and then clearly had no idea what to do next :D

We'll see how it plays out, but hopefully the lack of pressure to work around Ru and Michelle jetting in for a week will make the season feel a bit more RELAXED and ORGANIC.

Has Brooke Lynn got a new face?

Beth looked like the granny from The Addams Family!

I wonder if Vron knew that Gia stole her wig? (Although wore it better).

Yeah, why did Brooke Lyne do that to her face? She looks perfect before.

I thought this was a really messy group. I agree with the rest about the top two, but most of all I’m excited about this hateful clique and Eve, I do hope we get a lot of drama.

The lip sync was terrible, one didn’t know what to do, the other one thought she was all that, when in fact she was terrible too. Also it made me realise that Maneater hasn’t aged all that well at all.

Well I didn't enjoy much, but there is potential even if it's feasting on scraps. Suki and the one pulling as much focus as they could when being told they were safe were my highs. What an awful lip sync, but the floor tapping from the one who went was hilarious.

Just watching this now. Boy Brooke Lynn looks like a young Julian Clary.

Ha!

Meanwhile, Ross is slimming down into Philip Schofield.

Attachments

• 247007900_419819132845701_7081542039647142022_n.jpg
    247007900_419819132845701_7081542039647142022_n.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 87
What a great episode, probably a series best.

The Rusical was great even if the divide between good and bad was so obvious. It was very reminiscent of Shade the Rusical.

The runways were all on point with the correct winner.

Eve is deliciously delusional. I felt bad for Ocean but the performance was just not acceptable. Kendall is a very cute boy and looks terrible in drag.

I agree about Kendall! Very strange

The Rusical was great fun. Relatively.

Might be time to consolidate all discussion into a single thread though :vomit:

GUTTED by Ocean going home. I can't say it wasn't fair, she was awful in the challenge and her make-up was like a child's drawing. :D But she was just so utterly delightful, I hoped she might coast by for another few weeks.

Pithia's runway look :o Genuinely amazing.

I did feel a little sorry for Synthia Kiss just being safe. Her voice was phenomenal.

This really is a GREAT start to the season. The cast is strong, the writing is actually GOOD and I already have some clear faves. Pissing all over DRUK so far.

I'd be interested to only if they did indeed perform this musical live and whether some queens got dubbed over and some not, because the clowns and the voguers sure seemed left hung out to dry.

Last edited:
The NPB-FAG of it all with Kendal in that musical upstaging what could well be the best "live" vocals from any contestant. Very Courtney Cox..

Last edited:
Interesting outcome, that seemed close to me. I wasn't keen on the song, but I'll take that over Big Spender and Elton John anyday.

Watching this now, and I'm surprised that nobody mentioned Gia fully dressing as Dorian Electra in the rusical - the outfit, the hair and even the drawn-on moustache are absolutely IDENTICAL :D Fabulous either way, obviously.

I realise that all of my posts about this show so far have been about Gia Metric looking like other people, but I can't NOT see Gigi Goode whenever she's in drag - it's uncanny, and after she stripped to the waist in the lipsync she was the spitting image of Roger Daltrey in the film Tommy :D

I realise that all of my posts about this show so far have been about Gia Metric looking like other people, but I can't NOT see Gigi Goode whenever she's in drag - it's uncanny, and after she stripped to the waist in the lipsync she was the spitting image of Roger Daltrey in the film Tommy :D

Out of drag they’re a mix of Darin (Swedish singer) and boy Carmen Carrera.

WOW @ that runway. One of the all-time best from any Drag Race season. Even the weaker ones were serving. I loved Oceane's runway for example, despite it being technically messy. Pythia's was obviously iconic, but I don't know enough about her as a queen yet.

I feel they need to signpost who the queens are a bit more at this early stage.
I spent the entire challenge thinking Iceis was the narrator character, only for the reveal she was actually a rubbish side-part and the narrator was actually Kendall Gender :D
I don't feel Kendall Gender has had enough screen-time yet for me to be able to recognise them in drag.

I was obsessed with Eve's rubbish performance, and her surprisingly great runway look. I'm totally here for an old school Drag Race no-fucks-given messy queen :disco:

And I genuinely screamed when they announced the lipsync was to a GIRLICIOUS song :D / :disco: Were they even Canadian??

Reactions: COB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom