Blondie - Eat to the Beat

Imagine something of your very own, something you can have and hold......

• Total voters

POP!

Let the light in
11 Dreaming
10 The Hardest Part
11 Union City Blue
09 Shayla
09 Eat to the Beat
08 Accidents Never Happen
07 Die Young, Stay Pretty
10 Slow Motion - I've JUST woken up to this one :disco:
100 Atomic
05 Sound-A-Sleep
09 Victor
07 Living in the Real World

A worthy 9, possibly a 9.5 on the strengths of its highlights

Oh I PROPER FUCKING LOVE IT. Not quite as good as its predecessor but DAMNED CLOSE

09 Dreaming
10 The Hardest Part
10 Union City Blue
10 Shayla
07 Eat to the Beat
09 Accidents Never Happen
08 Die Young, Stay Pretty
456685665 Slow Motion
10 Atomic
06 Sound-A-Sleep
10 Victor

I was going to give it a 9, but that's judging it unfairly against the standard of the album before. By any other standard, it's a clear 10.

I think "Dreaming" is the most CHARMING song ever, it may just have moved up from #10 in my Blondie countdown to #2 :disco:

I was going to give it a 9, but that's judging it unfairly against the standard of the album before. By any other standard, it's a clear 10.

Actually, I've just given it a 9 for PRECISELY that reason...

You're QUITE RIGHT to be honest. Now I feel bad :(

10 Dreaming
10 The Hardest Part
10 Union City Blue
09 Shayla
09 Eat to the Beat
10 Accidents Never Happen
08 Die Young, Stay Pretty
10 Slow Motion
10 Atomic
08 Sound-A-Sleep
09 Victor
09Living in the Real World

I'm not bothering with 11s, just because all my 10s would be, and that's just silly :D

"Dreaming" is odd...I always think it's "just alright" until I hear it and remember I proper love it. The fact it didn't go to #1 when it was the lead single and their stock was at its highest affects me I think...I don't know why

I just WISH WISH WISH "Slow Motion" had been a single...I really want it to be UNIVERSALLY ADORED :(

"Dreaming" is odd...I always think it's "just alright" until I hear it and remember I proper love it. The fact it didn't go to #1 when it was the lead single and their stock was at its highest affects me I think...I don't know why

I wonder what held it off #1?

I just WISH WISH WISH "Slow Motion" had been a single...I really want it to be UNIVERSALLY ADORED :(

Supposedly it was going to be, in fact they were doing a remix on it for its release but they just probably never went through with it and just moved on to "Call Me" and Autoamerican.

Supposedly it was going to be, in fact they were doing a remix on it for its release but they just probably never went through with it and just moved on to "Call Me" and Autoamerican.

I DO KNOW THESE FACTS

I HAVE BEEN A BLONDIE FAN SINCE BEFORE YOU WERE BORN

I DO KNOW THESE FACTS

I HAVE BEEN A BLONDIE FAN SINCE BEFORE YOU WERE BORN

Some say the song is about DRUGS, I DON'T SEE IT, though.

In fact Debbie hated the lyrics because she felt it was nearly impossible to fit them within the melody and music for the song.

Beat that. :evil:

I give it a solid 9. Not quite the masterpiece as the predecessor, but still damn good

10 Dreaming
10 The Hardest Part
10 Union City Blue
09 Shayla
08 Eat to the Beat
10 Accidents Never Happen
09 Die Young, Stay Pretty
09 Slow Motion
10 Atomic
08 Sound-A-Sleep
09 Victor
09 Living in the Real World

I think this may be their best.. I got the deluxe edition through recently and wow..

I need a remaster of "Parallel Lines", but this has their two best singles AND Atomic which is the equal of my 2 faves.

Nobody ever mentions "Sound-A-Sleep", which whilst yet another song to use the cords of Pachelbel's Canon alwayd sounded like the template for a certain song I love.

It's got several highs that surpass anything on Parallel Lines, but I think Eat to the Beat isn't exactly as consistent as PL.

Just based on the fact that it contains "Union City Blue", "Dreaming" and "Atomic" are reasons enough to rank it as my favorite Blondie album. I like the MASSIVE and FULL sound and volume of much of the album, it sounds like it was made to be heard blasted out on giant speakers.

Last edited:
Let's enter this big WALL OF SOUND - also, more votes please

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bZwvuMfSFSs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bZwvuMfSFSs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm having yet another Eat to the Beat kind of Sunday. If it wasn't for the comatose but pretty "Sound-A-Sleep" or the slightly throwaway "Living in the Real World" it might have usurped She's so Unusual as my favorite album ever. Still, there isn't an album that exists that has such a divine trio of genuine 11/10 moments in the form of "Dreaming", "Atomic" and "Union City Blue":

11 Dreaming
10 The Hardest Part
11 Union City Blue
09 Shayla
08 Eat to the Beat
09 Accidents Never Happen
06 Die Young Stay Pretty
10 Slow Motion
11 Atomic
05 Sound-A-Sleep
07 Victor

'Shayla' just came on shuffle. What a song.

Now I'm playing the album and it does have some of their BEST WORK. 'Victor' goes off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom