Beyoncé Misc 2020

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
In the absence of a Beyoncé Misc thread, here's her fantastic performance from the memorial for Kobe Bryant and his daughter

All these threads are confusing :(

I miss that Beyonce. Do we think she will ever go back to releasing amazing songs like Halo and XO? :(

Most of our late noughties megadivas (well Bey and Ri) are both AWOL of late.

Wasn't that Beyonce ?

Anyway, Rihanna is busy making tonnes of money from her make-up and clothing lines - I imagine far more than she'd be making off records and with significantly less effort than going on tour. So there's that. :(

I miss that Beyonce. Do we think she will ever go back to releasing amazing songs like Halo and XO? :(

Honestly I don't think so :(

poor Blue Ivy is next in line so better start prepping her :side-eye: Bee has paid her dues already

Why are these songwriters not making Beyonce and Rihanna songs for new up and coming divas? We seem to have NOTHING at the moment.

XO is even too late in her repertoire for me. I notice how she instructed people to sing along loudly and no one did (though taking into account it’s a memorial not a concert). It’s not quite as memorable as Halo.

My Instagram account seems to be in hot water after I called her out in a Buzzfeed post :D yay

Wow, wasn't expecting her to come back with such a HI NRG tune brimming with pop fabulousness to rival everything on Chromatica!

OH

Reactions: dUb
My Instagram account seems to be in hot water after I called her out in a Buzzfeed post :D yay

how does a 4 year old have such huge feet? :confused:

and no, don't show feet plz

No but I'm fine with that. I much prefer this side of her to her more gloopy ballad output, though the ODD banger wouldn't go amiss.

Give me Crazy In Love, Single Ladies, Sweet Dreams, and even If I Were A Boy over this TUNELESS NONSENSE anyday.

The Destiny’s Child reunion will bring the old Beyoncé back to some degree I reckon

I’ve loved the last two albums and I’m hoping for more of the same.

I do like it, as it happens! But clearly she's released it to celebrate the Black community on a significant date and in the middle of a crucial time in their history. I think saying "ItS noT veRY cAtchY!!!" or comparing it to pop bangers of years gone by is missing the point a tad.

I do like it, as it happens! But clearly she's released it to celebrate the Black community on a significant date and in the middle of a crucial time in their history. I think saying "ItS noT veRY cAtchY!!!" or comparing it to pop bangers of years gone by is missing the point a tad.

So because it’s MEANINGFUL I have to pretend that I enjoy it? And no, I don’t expect everything to sound like a “pop banger”. I just don’t think it’s very good, regardless of the no-doubt laudable meaning behind it or the date she chose to release it.

Also, I went to see a show of hers in Dublin a few years ago and was actually quite shocked at how mediocre it was and how lacking in charisma ahe was. I was genuinely shocked, as I’ve enjoyed plenty of her stuff over the years and she’s obviously an excellent performer, but that show was definitely not it.

Some of the reactions in this thread are a hot take. "Why can't she give us those white-pandering IASF era bops :( :( :("

Although I am less into Beyoncé than I used to be, I have generally enjoyed her artistic progression since self-titled. I don't feel she needs to give us a big pop bop anymore. We have Crazy In Love, Bootylicious, Single Ladies, etc.

In fact, I would say that the overall quality of her output has been much higher since 4 than it was before (when a lot of white gays checked out).

Impromptu Bey Top 10 (entirely from the last decade):
  1. Formation
  2. Partition
  3. Ghost / Haunted
  4. Schoolin' Life
  5. All Night
  6. Crazy In Love (50 Shades Remix)
  7. BIGGER
  8. I Miss You
  9. Superpower
  10. 7/11

Her output has been so good that I forgot about Don't Hurt Yourself, 6 Inch, Blow, No Angel, Drunk In Love...

What’s her Jay-Z album like?

my favourite album is definitely self-titled, lemonade didn’t quite live up to it

It leans in hard on urban influences, like all her recent music. It's quiet subdued and summery. I think it makes a nice cohesive listen, but I only really took away a few tracks: Summer, Friends, APESHIT, Heard About Us

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom