ASFM Worldvision: THE FINAL - Tonight, 7pm

Not to call SHADE

but did anyone check the passports of the acts

Looking Bette Davis GIF by Maudit
Why don't we start with yours.
italy-gif.11054

At least we could enjoy someone exciting music from a foreign culture that we wouldn’t—
Oh wait the French one won?

:Icesiseyes:
And plenty of English language ones didn’t

Fun fact: The votes were almost all revealed in the order I received them (this has been a FUN contest to collect votes for). Originally, the only one I swapped around was @funky, as without his votes the scores were EXACTLY EVEN and since he'd awarded Pakistan and France his top marks, it made for a perfect final reveal.

Then, earlier in this thread, this happened:

So I had to then make @dUb the final voter to salvage some sense of tension and peril in my meticulously planned finale.

You ABSOLUTELY should have used my votes as a final one-vote-at-a-time reveal. The DRAMA!

I cannot believe I am ONE AND TWO with moopy on these final scores :D THAT NEVER HAPPENS.

Congratulations @Kratz and also finishing second means nothing you loser well done to my second best favourite @Iguana also xx

Good job @ButterTart your fine efforts are appreciated, I just got back in from my match so had a read through this.

Well done to the winner and thanks to those who had open hearts, minds and ears and gave the fab Gaye Su Akyol points, glad to have brought something new to you.

Not to call SHADE

but did anyone check the passports of the acts

Looking Bette Davis GIF by Maudit

Despite singing in English my artist IS from Indonesia and mostly sings in local language.

unfortunately most of her local music was gloopy Disney ballids. She only goes fun for Europe in English. Which seems par the course for all Indonesian artists, in my limited research.

Will read through properly later (unspecified amount of time until next log in) but well done @Iguana and @Kratz, fabulous entries. Has Kratz really not won before?! Albania spectacular as well. Lovely job @ButterTart too

I kind of expected to flop harder with STACE so I'm pleased some of you enjoyed the basic budget oh red one-ness '09 vibes of it all. Well I assume so since it got some points, no idea from who yet. I had several songs that would have done better I think but I didn't really like them so that was that

Incidentally, I hated my country :D It absolutely will not stop me from picking difficult nations as a challenge, but fuck me do they like their PAPER THIN ballads in huge quantities. I do declare Malaysia problematic.

Fun story - Mr Rom and I are working at Glastonbury at the moment (in wholly unglamorous roles I might add) and a girl called Rachel came in for a soundcheck tonight (well last night now). Anyway I heard this song being rehearsed and wondered why it was so familiar. It then dawned on me it was of course @Suedey's entry, Rachel Chinouriri with that exact song! I excitedly told Mr Rom who a bit later asked her if she'd performed yet. He then took the opportunity to say something along the lines of "my other half goes on a site called moopy and they do a song contest, and your song was entered and he voted for it" :D

She was really happy and said she'd never heard of moopy, and I approached at that moment to which Mr RoM said "oh here he is, he'll tell you more about it" :D To which I awkwardly said it was just a little online community and we do these song competitions through the year, her song was lovely (it is) and actually the results were tonight and it had gone down well . She was genuinely delighted and appreciative at this which was quite wonderful.

Anyway she didn't perform for awhile but I then checked the actual results and asked Mr Rom if I should go over and tell her she came 7th (a good result!) but he quite rightly said probably not. She was on her phone a lot before she got to perform so I of course wondered with some trepidation if she'd googled this and was reading the results herself :D

I only saw her performance briefly from a distance, but it sounded good and when she left she hugged me and said it was lovely to meet me and I told her she sounded great from what I saw and I hope the song blows up for her which I think/hope she took in the positive way it was intended.

As such, I will just hope and assume Rachel, safe in the knowledge her song was loved by an online gathering of gays and other degenerates, had her evening made by this recognition far more than getting to perform on live TV, because obviously that would be the most logical thing.

Last edited:
Happy with 11th considering my video was invisible for some. I did have my pick of Serbian slut bangers and that really seemed peak Moopy appeal. I will probably never listen to it again.

Thanks @ButterTart

Fun story - Mr Rom and I are working at Glastonbury at the moment (in wholly unglamorous roles I might add) and a girl called Rachel came in for a soundcheck tonight (well last night now). Anyway I heard this song being rehearsed and wondered why it was so familiar. It then dawned on me it was of course @Suedey's entry, Rachel Chinouriri with that exact song! I excitedly told Mr Rom who a bit later asked her if she'd performed yet. He then took the opportunity to say something along the lines of "my other half goes on a site called moopy and they do a song contest, and your song was entered and he voted for it" :D

She was really happy and said she'd never heard of moopy, and I approached at that moment to which Mr RoM said "oh here he is, he'll tell you more about it" :D To which I awkwardly said it was just a little online community and we do these song competitions through the year, her song was lovely (it is) and actually the results were tonight and it had gone down well . She was genuinely delighted and appreciative at this which was quite wonderful.

Anyway she didn't perform for awhile but I then checked the actual results and asked Mr Rom if I should go over and tell her she came 7th (a good result!) but he quite rightly said probably not. She was on her phone a lot before she got to perform so I of course wondered with some trepidation if she'd googled this and was reading the results herself :D

I only saw her performance briefly from a distance, but it sounded good and when she left she hugged me and said it was lovely to meet me and I told her she sounded great from what I saw and I hope the song blows up for her which I think/hope she took in the positive way it was intended.

As such, I will just hope and assume Rachel, safe in the knowledge her song was loved by an online gathering of gays and other degenerates, had her evening made by this recognition far more than getting to perform on live TV, because obviously that would be the most logical thing.
That's amazing! ASFM in the wild :disco: She sounds lovely and I agree her song is really good (well done @Suedey). We will have to keep a collective Moopy eye on her career!

Well I’m happy I scraped into 20th. Botswana was so difficult I nearly gave up, I found a couple of quite CAMP traditional numbers but most songs had the quality of being recorded on a potato, and from I could gather it’s music industry doesn’t have much of a presence on the usual channels, and most of it was focused on male hip-hop, and strangely, DEATH METAL, which were obvious non-starters.

So imagine my relief when I can across this soothing, beautifully arranged, and contemporary sounding number with a high budget video.

I changed my song TWICE! Turkmenistan was my original choice, but as it wasn't on Spotify I decided to go for this other Myahri bop which was similar in theme/video but (potentially fatally) also featured singing children:

I got cold feet about it and briefly changed tack entirely with this:

...before deciding to just fuck it and go with my FIRST original choice, Spotify be damned!

The weird thing about the Turkmen music industry is that for every banger an artist releases, it seems like they have to release at least three or four incredibly drippy ballads or WEDDING SONGS as they were sometimes labelled :eyes:

This was also quite high on my maybes pile for a minute, I think it's fun but it's literally just Turkmen guys doing a Weeknd song:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom