Anastacia

Rita

User
I have came back from the pub tonight and listened to Anastacia’s back catalogue and even found myself crying at “Paid My Dues” in a disgustingly fragile state. There is many a thread on Anastacia but none to actually celebrate the brilliance of what she was, and ponder on what went wrong?

Its not a midlife crisis unless you have a breakdown to Anastacia. FML. :square:

:D

I haven't had a proper Anastacia SESH for ages but I did used to LOVE her. That third album really is EVERYTHING.

When she’s good, she’s very good. When she’s bad, she’s absolutely horrendous.

Top 5:

1. I Call It Love
2. Rearview
3. Sick and Tired
4. Welcome to my Truth
5. Left Outside Alone

I think I said elsewhere that I like Anastacia for 1 or 2 songs at a time but there's no way I could sit through a whole album.

She's not as good as Taylor Dayne who she's clearly modelled on.

Top 5:

1. I Call It Love
2. Rearview
3. Sick and Tired
4. Welcome to my Truth
5. Left Outside Alone
Now THAT is what you call a TOP 5.

I Call It Love belongs to a different album than everything around it. A much better album.

I see she's supporting Lionel Richie on his upcoming UK Arena tour.

A good gig by any measure, but a few years ago she'd have been able to fill those venues herself.

I see she's supporting Lionel Richie on his upcoming UK Arena tour.

A good gig by any measure, but a few years ago she'd have been able to fill those venues herself.

A few years ago she was touring with Heather Small and Lulu, so I'd call it progression.

OK, maybe ten years ago...

Actually I think she tried for some pretty big venues when her last studio album was out, but I have no idea if she filled them (probably not).

According to Wikipedia her 2004 tour took in most of the major UK Arenas, including two nights at Wembley.

By 2008 she'd downgraded to the Hammersmith Apollo though. Her 2016 tour stopped at the London Palladium.

That’s still not bad for someone who has about five songs that the general public could hum without any prompting.

Did she ever do the arena circuit here?
Oh she did! A ropey shag took me to see her in London's glittering Wembley Arena back in the 00s during her supposed hey day, as he was a big old fan. She was fine, but as you might expect, the place was empty and the crowd numbers would have struggled to have filled a Wetherspoons in Hemel Hempstead.

That said, I remember a :disco: remix of one of her tunes coming on when I was in a changing room in Las Vegas (:confused: !!) and it was so good, I came out and bought the CD. It never sounded quite as good once I got home... :(

For the record, it was the M*A*S*H Classic Mix of (of course) "One Day In Your Life". That "tune" + "I Will Survive" overtones + "I'm OVAH it" lyrics + SERIOUS HOUSE BEATS really does result in a BIG OLE GAY CLASSIC.

I'm SURE I've waxed lyrical about that before somewhere on here... :D

Oh Christian. I thought I was bad enough having moments to Anastacia in a drunken stupor, but GOD, hanging about in a sauna takes the biscuit. :D

Oh Christian. I thought I was bad enough having moments to Anastacia in a drunken stupor, but GOD, hanging about in a sauna takes the biscuit. :D
What?!

It was AN ACTUAL CHANGING ROOM THANK YOU VERY MUCH :D

In an ACTUAL CLOTHES SHOP

(Not that I'm unfamiliar with the interior of a sauna/gay health spa of course...)

Left Outside Alone and Stupid Little Things are pretty much all the Anastacia I need in my life. Though, somehow I do have two of her albums.

I could happily never hear any of her songs again and especially not her voice.

But if I had to choose; I’d pick One Day in Your Life and I’m Outta Love.

I find myself listening her Sweet Child O Mine cover way too often - the greatest bunch of nasal yelling since The Nanny aired its final episode

Anastacia Top 5:

1. Left Outside Alone
2. Sick & Tired
3. Paid My Dues
4. I'm Outta Love
5. Welcome To My Truth

Top 5:

1. I Call It Love
2. Rearview
3. Sick and Tired
4. Welcome to my Truth
5. Left Outside Alone
Rearview is SO FUCKING GOOD! the last minute leaves me SCALPED and VOID OF FOLLICLES :disco:

I Call It Love is also amazing and underrated. I had even forgotten it myself. I Can Feel You must be one of the worst lead singles ever.

1. Rearview
2. Left Outside Alone
3. Welcome to My Truth
4. Cowboys & Kisses
5. How Come the World Won't Stop
6. Seasons Change
7. I Call It Love
8. Paid My Dues
9. Sick and Tired
10. Stupid Little Things

I'm surprised her streams are so low in general. Only 40m for I'm Outta Love and Left Outside Alone? I guess she never cracked the US really.

Last edited:
Get her on the masked singer. She can warble like the beginning of Left Outside Alone for a few weeks and then unleash her trademark noise.

The GP will love her again because they’ll feel intelligent to have guessed one.

I was thinking The Masked Singer would be good for her, even as a judge.

1. Left Outside Alone
2. Who's Gonna Stop the Rain
3. Rearview
4. I'm Outta Love
5. Welcome To My Truth
6. Time
7. You'll Never Be Alone
8. Made For Lovin' You
9. Paid My Dues
10. Stupid Little Things

Hope she does Australia now that she’s the nation’s sweetheart post-Masked Singer

I wouldn’t go but it’d still be nice to know it was happening

To be fair she had a pretty good run for an adult pop star.

I was internally mocking the contrived 22nd anniversary thing until I noticed the poster and realised that she was in on the joke. She was always quite self aware.

I loved her sketch on French And Saunders :D

Anyone going to any of her gigs this year or know what she's like? I am mildly tempted by some of the resale ticket prices but haven't seen her live before and a few of the places are a trek to get to.

Anyone going to any of her gigs this year or know what she's like? I am mildly tempted by some of the resale ticket prices but haven't seen her live before and a few of the places are a trek to get to.
She was a lot of fun at Hoopla but that length of gig I think is perfect for her. She has bangers a-plenty but not sure I'd be that keen on the deepcuts. She has an infectious personality and I don't think she really knew where she was or what she was doing but definitely entertaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom