Amaarae - Fountain Baby

Jark

User
ANY FANS?

this got 8.7 on Pitchfork and I feel sure some of you will love. she reminds me vocally a lot of Ravyn Lenae, and musically there's a bit of Doja Cat and various alt-R&B faves. her production is fire, very genre-blending.

Co-star (WHAT A SONG!!!) is what Attention by Doja wants to be.

she's queer/gay too so let's celebrate that!

@funky @KindaCool @RJN @Berly @dUb

I need to listen again. I'd never heard of her but gave her a go after Spotify suggested and thought at first it was a pleasant enough RnB number, then the album took a TURN and I was really interested. Definitely plan to give it another go with that in hindsight.

ANY FANS?

this got 8.7 on Pitchfork and I feel sure some of you will love. she reminds me vocally a lot of Ravyn Lenae, and musically there's a bit of Doja Cat and various alt-R&B faves. her production is fire, very genre-blending.

Co-star (WHAT A SONG!!!) is what Attention by Doja wants to be.

she's queer/gay too so let's celebrate that!

@funky @KindaCool @RJN @Berly @dUb

DEFINITELY very Doja. But I AIN'T MAD. I'm so glad soft R&B is back. Part of the reason I couldn't stand the 2010s is because everybody kept on plastering rancid TRAP production on R&B tunes. I much prefer this newer trend of Afrobeats, which Doja has championed quite well.

I'll try again another day, but when I listened a few nights ago I had a hard time with her voice

it's unusual but push through @RJN hun!

the run of songs from Wasted Eyes to Come Home to God is UNREAL! the soundscapes she's playing in - so lush and textured, impossible to pin down to a genre. incredible production that's gonna be rewarded with a lot of listens from me I think.

Sociopathic Dance Queen and Come Home to God :disco:

Counterfeit is so good. Love the use of that sample. Need to check out the rest of this album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom